- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 645103, 5 pages
Sexual Knowledge among High School Students in Northwestern Iran
1Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychiatry Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
2Clinical Psychiatry Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
3Department of Psychiatry, Razi Mental Hospital, El-Goli Boulevard, P.O. Box 5456, Tabriz, Iran
4Department of Vital Statistics and Epidemiology, Faculty of Health and Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
5Department of Social Sciences, Tabriz University, Tabriz, Iran
Received 8 June 2012; Accepted 26 June 2012
Academic Editors: G. J. Casimir and A. Maheshwari
Copyright © 2012 Ayyoub Malek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Atkinson, R. C. Atkinson, E. E. Smith, D. J. Bem, and S. N. Hoeksema, Hilgard’s Introduction to Psychology, Harcourt College Publishers, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2000.
- J. S. S. Lawrence, “African-American adolescents' knowledge, health-related attitudes, sexual behavior, and contraceptive decisions: implications for the prevention of adolescent HIV infection,” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 104–112, 1993.
- M. R. Mohammadi, K. Mohammad, F. K. A. Farahani et al., “Reproductive knowledge, attitudes and behavior among adolescent males in Tehran, Iran,” International Family Planning Perspectives, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2006.
- L. Gachkar and M. Amini, “A study on knowledge and perception of female high -school students on AIDS, Tehran,” Pajoohandeh Journal, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 287–291, 2001 (Persian).
- B. Ahmadi and H. Malekafzali, “Survey of health educational needs of adolescent girls (Third high school girls) in south of Tehran,” Iranian Journal of Public Health, vol. 28, no. 14, pp. 27–38, 1999 (Persian).
- H. Malek Afzali, “The effect of community, university and health units collaboration on improving adolescent’s health education,” Medical Journal of Iranian Hospital in Dubai, vol. 2, pp. 9–15, 2000.
- J. F. Hagan, W. L. Coleman, J. M. Foy et al., “Sexuality education for children and adolescents,” Pediatrics, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 498–502, 2001.
- H. Gharraei, “Evaluation of the needs in female medical students about reproductive health training with focus group method in Tehran, 2000-2001,” Teb-O-Tazkieh, vol. 12, pp. 22–27, 2002 (Persian).
- A. Grunseit, S. Kippax, P. Aggleton, M. Baldo, and G. Slutkin, “Sexuality education and young people's sexual behavior: a review of studies,” Journal of Adolescent Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 421–453, 1997.
- A. Shamani, N. Reshadmanesh, and T. Masoodi, “Determine the attitude of key persons (Parents, clergies, fostering educators) about importance of sexual behaivour training to adolescence and young adults in Sanandaj,” Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, vol. 4, pp. 90–95, 2000 (Persian).
- M. Aziz Zadeh Forouzi, S. Mohammad Alizadeh, B. Pour Aboli, et al., “Study of the attitude of school teachers in Kerman towards sexual education and their opinion regarding contents of adolescent sexual education,” Journal of Shaheed Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, pp. 91–97, 2001 (Persian).
- S. Noohi, M. Azar, A. R. Shafiee-Kandejani, and A. Tajik, “Knowledge and beliefs of couples attending to marriage counseling centers toward correct sexual relationships,” Hayat, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 77–83, 2007 (Persian).
- E. Y. Song, B. E. Pruitt, J. McNamara, and B. Colwell, “A meta-analysis examining effects of school sexuality education programs on adolescents' sexual knowledge, 1960–1997,” Journal of School Health, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 413–416, 2000.