- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 143870, 13 pages
Analytical Expressions of Concentrations of Substrate and Hydroquinone in an Amperometric Glucose Biosensor
Department of Mathematics, The Madura College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625011, India
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editors: T. Buhse and C. A. Hacker
Copyright © 2013 M. Uma Maheswari and L. Rajendran. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Silman and E. Katchalski, “Waterinsoluble derivatives of enzymes, antigens and antibodies,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 35, pp. 837–877, 1966.
- E. J. Vandamme, “Peptide antibiotic production through immobilized biocatalyst technology,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 403–416, 1983.
- B. Schulze and M. G. Wubbolts, “Biocatalysis for industrial production of fine chemicals,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 10, pp. 609–615, 1999.
- L. C. Clark and C. Lyons, “Electrode systems for continuous monitoring in cardiovascular surgery,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 102, pp. 29–45, 1962.
- D. H. Campbell, F. L. Luescher, and L. S. Lerman, “Immologic adsorbents. I. Isolation of antibody by means of a cellulose-protein antigen,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 37, pp. 575–578, 1951.
- S. Watanabe, Y. Shimizu, T. Teramatsu, T. Murachi, and T. Hino, “Application of immobilized enzymes for biomaterials used in surgery,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 137, pp. 545–551, 1988.
- T. M. S. Chang, Medical Application of Immobilised Enzymes and Proteins, vol. 1-2, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- M. D. Klein and R. Langer, “Immobilised enzymes in clinical medicines: an emerging approaches to new drug therapies,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 4, pp. 179–186, 1986.
- L. J. Kircka and G. H. G. Thorpe, “Immobilised enzymes in analysis,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 4, pp. 253–258, 1986.
- B. R. Dunlap, Immobilised Chemicals and Affinity Chromatography, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- G. F. Bickerstaff, “Application of immobilised enzymes to fundamental studies on enzyme structure and function,” in Topics in Enzyme and Fermentation Biotechnology, A. Wiseman, Ed., pp. 162–201, Ellis Horwood, Chichester, UK, 1984.
- K. Martinek and V. V. Mozhaev, “Immobilization of enzymes: an approach to fundamental studies in biochemistry,” Advances in Enzymology and Related Areas of Molecular Biology, vol. 57, pp. 179–249, 1985.
- C. Cristallini, L. Lazzeri, M. G. Cascone, G. Polacco, D. Lupinacci, and N. Barbani, “Enzyme-based bioartificial polymeric materials: the α-amylase-poly(vinyl alcohol) system,” Polymer International, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 510–516, 1997.
- P. J. Worsfold, “Classification and chemical characteristics of immobilized enzymes,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 597–600, 1995.
- N. C. Foulds and C. R. Lowe, “Enzyme entrapment in electrically conducting polymers. Immobilisation of glucose oxidase in polypyrrole and its application in amperometric glucose sensors,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions 1, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 1259–1264, 1986.
- P. N. Bartlett and R. G. Whitaker, “Electrochemical immobilisation of enzymes. Part II. Glucose oxidase immobilised in poly-N-methylpyrrole,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 224, no. 1-2, pp. 37–48, 1987.
- D. Bélanger, J. Nadreau, and G. Fortier, “Electrochemistry of the polypyrrole glucose oxidase electrode,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 274, no. 1-2, pp. 143–155, 1989.
- P. Janda and J. Weber, “Quinone-mediated glucose oxidase electrode with the enzyme immobilized in polypyrrole,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 300, no. 1-2, pp. 119–127, 1991.
- M. Marchesiello and E. M. Geniés, “Glucose sensor: polypyrrole-glucose oxidase elecrtode in the presence of p-benzoquinone,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1987–1992, 1992.
- Y. Kajiya, H. Sugai, C. Iwakura, and H. Yoneyama, “Glucose sensitivity of polypyrrole films containing immobilized glucose oxidase and hydroquinonesulfonate lons,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 1991.
- P. N. Bartlett, Z. Ah, and V. E. Field, “Electrochemical immobilisation of enzymes,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 88, no. 18, p. 2677, 1992.
- Y. Kajiya, R. Tsuda, and H. Yoneyama, “Conferment of cholesterol sensitivity on polypyrrole films by immobilization of cholesterol oxidase and ferrocenecarboxylate ions,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 301, no. 1-2, pp. 155–164, 1991.
- Y. Kajiya, H. Matsumoto, and H. Yoneyama, “Glucose sensitivity of poly(pyrrole) films containing immobilized glucose dehydrogenase, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, and β-naphthoquinonesulphonate ions,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 319, no. 1-2, pp. 185–194, 1991.
- N. C. Foulds and C. R. Lowe, “Immobilization of glucose oxidase in ferrocene-modified pyrrole polymers,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 22, pp. 2473–2478, 1988.
- P. N. Bartlett and R. G. Whitaker, “Electrochemical immobilisation of enzymes: part II. Glucose oxidase immobilised in poly-N-methylpyrrole,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 224, no. 1-2, pp. 37–48, 1987.
- M. Marchesiello and E. Geniès, “A theoretical model for an amperometric glucose sensor using polypyrrole as the immobilization matrix,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 358, no. 1-2, pp. 35–48, 1993.
- C. Bourdillon, C. Hervagault, and D. Thomas, “Increase in operational stability of immobilized glucose oxidase by the use of an artificial cosubstrate,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1619–1622, 1985.
- H. Naarmann, W.R. Salaneck, D.T. Clark, and E. J. Samuelsen, “Science and applications of conducting polymers,” in Proceedings of the 6th Europhysics Industrial Workshop, Adam Hiler, Lofthus, Norway, May 1990.
- E. M. Geniès, M. Marchesiello, and G. Bidan, “Preparation and properties of polypyrrole made in the presence of biological buffers,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1015–1020, 1992.
- Q. K. Ghori, M. Ahmed, and A. M. Siddiqui, “Application of homotopy perturbation method to squeezing flow of a newtonian fluid,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 179–184, 2007.
- T. Öziş and A. Yildirim, “A comparative study of he's homotopy perturbation method for determining frequency-amplitude relation of a nonlinear oscillator with discontinuities,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 243–248, 2007.
- S. J. Li and Y. X. Liu, “An improved approach to nonlinear dynamical system identification using PID neural networks,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 177–182, 2006.
- M. M. Mousa and S. F. Ragab, “Application of the homotopy perturbation method to linear and nonlinear schrödinger equations,” Z. Naturforsch, vol. 63a, pp. 140–144, 2008.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method: a new nonlinear analytical technique,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2003.
- J. H. He, “A simple perturbation approach to Blasius equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 140, no. 2-3, pp. 217–222, 2003.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving boundary value problems,” Physics Letters A, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 87–88, 2006.
- M. Ghasemi, M. Tavassoli kajani, and E. Babolian, “Numerical solutions of the nonlinear integro-differential equations: wavelet-Galerkin method and homotopy perturbation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 450–455, 2007.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “A reliable treatment of homotopy perturbation method for Klein-Gordon equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 5-6, pp. 351–357, 2007.