- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 475296, 7 pages
Thermophysical, Volumetric, and Excess Properties of Aqueous Solutions of 1-Hexyl-3-methyl Imidazolium Bromide at 298.15 K and 0.1 MPa
Reprocessing Group, IGCAR, Kalpakkam 603102, India
Received 24 February 2013; Accepted 24 March 2013
Academic Editors: T. Buhse, T. Panczyk, and X. Rozanska
Copyright © 2013 Debasmita Dash et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Huddleston, H. D. Willauer, R. P. Swatloski, A. E. Visser, and R. D. Rogers, “Room temperature ionic liquids as novel media for “clean” liquid-liquid extraction,” Chemical Communications, no. 16, pp. 1765–1766, 1998.
- T. Welton, “Room temperature ionic liquids. Solvents for synthesis and catalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 99, no. 8, pp. 2071–2084, 1999.
- K. A. Venkatesan, T. G. Srinivasan, and P. R. V. Rao, “A review on the electrochemical applications of room temperature ionic liquids in nuclear fuel cycle,” Journal of Nuclear and Radiochemical Sciences, vol. 10, pp. R1–R6, 2009.
- N. V. Plechkova and K. R. Seddon, “Applications of ionic liquids in the chemical industry,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 123–150, 2008.
- T. Tseuda and C. L. Hussey, “Electrochemical application of Room-Temperature ionic liquids,” in The Electrochemical Society Interface, InTech, Shanghai, China, 2007.
- P. R.V. Rao, K. A. Venkatesan, and T. G. Srinivasan, “Studies on applications of room temperature ionic liquids,” Progress in Nuclear Energy, vol. 50, no. 2–6, pp. 449–455, 2008.
- J. A. Whitehead, J. Zhang, N. Pereira, A. McCluskey, and G. A. Lawrance, “Application of 1-alkyl-3-methyl-imidazolium ionic liquids in the oxidative leaching of sulphidic copper, gold and silver ores,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 88, no. 1–4, pp. 109–120, 2007.
- M. J. Earle and K. R. Seddon, “Ionic liquids. Green solvents for the future,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 1391–1398, 2000.
- A. Heintz, “Recent developments in thermodynamics and thermophysics of non-aqueous mixtures containing ionic liquids. A review,” Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 525–535, 2005.
- S. P. Verevkin, J. Safarov, E. Bich, E. Hassel, and A. Heintz, “Thermodynamic properties of mixtures containing ionic liquids: vapor pressures and activity coefficients of n-alcohols and benzene in binary mixtures with 1-methyl-3-butyl-imidazolium bis(trifluoromethyl-sulfonyl) imide,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 236, no. 1-2, pp. 222–228, 2005.
- T. V. Vasiltsova, S. P. Verevkin, E. Bich, A. Heintz, R. Bogel-Lukasik, and U. Domariska, “Thermodynamic properties of mixtures containing ionic liquids. 7. Activity coefficients of aliphatic and aromatic esters and benzylamine in 1-methyl-3-ethylimidazolium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl) imide using the transpiration method,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 213–218, 2006.
- I. A. Sumartschenkowa, S. P. Verevkin, T. V. Vasiltsova et al., “Experimental study of thermodynamic properties of mixtures containing ionic liquid 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium ethyl sulfate using gas-liquid chromatography and transpiration method,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 2138–2144, 2006.
- K. S. Kim, S. Y. Park, S. Choi, and H. Lee, “Vapor pressures of the 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium bromide + water, 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate + water, and 1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-3- methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate + water systems,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1550–1553, 2004.
- X. C. Jiang, J. F. Wang, C. X. Li, L. M. Wang, and Z. H. Wang, “Vapour pressure measurement for binary and ternary systems containing water methanol ethanol and an ionic liquid 1-ethyl-3-ethylimidazolium diethylphosphate,” Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 841–846, 2007.
- A. B. Pereiro, J. L. Legido, and A. Rodríguez, “Physical properties of ionic liquids based on 1-alkyl-3-methylimidazolium cation and hexafluorophosphate as anion and temperature dependence,” Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1168–1175, 2007.
- L. E. Ficke, R. R. Novak, and J. F. Brennecke, “Thermodynamic and thermophysical properties of ionic liquid + water systems,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 4946–4950, 2010.
- S. Dai, Y. H. Ju, and C. E. Barnes, “Solvent extraction of strontium nitrate by a crown ether using room-temperature ionic liquids,” Journal of the Chemical Society, no. 8, pp. 1201–1202, 1999.
- J. Łuczak, M. Joskowska, and J. Hupka, “Imidazolium ionic liquids in mineral processing,” Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, vol. 42, pp. 223–236, 2008.
- A. E. Visser, R. P. Swatloski, W. M. Reichert, S. T. Griffin, and R. D. Rogers, “Traditional extractants in nontraditional solvents: groups 1 and 2 extraction by crown ethers in room-temperature ionic liquids,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 3596–3604, 2000.
- A. Rout, K. A. Venkatesan, T. G. Srinivasan, and P. R. V. Rao, “Extraction of americium(III) from nitric acid medium by CMPO-TBP extractants in ionic liquid diluent,” Radiochimica Acta, vol. 97, no. 12, pp. 719–725, 2009.
- A. Rout, K. A. Venkatesan, T. G. Srinivasan, and P. R. V. Rao, “Extraction and third phase formation behavior of Eu(III) in CMPO-TBP extractants present in room temperature ionic liquid,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 238–243, 2011.
- K. Binnemans, “Lanthanides and actinides in ionic liquids,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 107, no. 6, pp. 2592–2614, 2007.
- ASTM, “Specification for reagent water,” ASTM Standard D-1193, 2006.
- ASTM, “Standard test method for density and relative density of liquids by digital density meter,” ASTM Standard D-4052, 2002.
- D. O. Masson, “Solute molecular volumes in relation to the solvation and ionization,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 8, pp. 218–223, 1929.