- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 804576, 9 pages
Extension of LIR Equation of State to Alkylamines Using Group Contribution Method
School of Chemistry, Shahrood University of Technology, P.O. Box 3619995161, Shahrood, Iran
Received 31 December 2012; Accepted 3 February 2013
Academic Editors: Y. Kimura and H. Reis
Copyright © 2013 Zahra Kalantar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Nitta, E. A. Turek, R. A. Greenkorn, and K. C. Chao, “Group contribution estimation of activity coefficients in nonideal liquid mixtures,” AIChE Journal, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 144–160, 1977.
- A. Fredenslund, R. L. Jones, and J. M. Prausnitz, “Group contribution estimation of activity coefficients in nonideal liquid mixtures,” AIChE Journal, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1086–1099, 1975.
- N. A. Smirnova and A. I. Victorov, “Thermodynamic properties of pure fluids and solutions from the hole group-contribution model,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 34, no. 2-3, pp. 235–263, 1987.
- S. Skjold-Jørgensen, “Gas solubility calculations. II. Application of a new group-contribution equation of state,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 317–351, 1984.
- S. Espinosa, G. M. Foco, A. Bermúdez, and T. Fornari, “Revision and extension of the group contribution equation of state to new solvent groups and higher molecular weight alkanes,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 172, no. 2, pp. 129–143, 2000.
- S. Espinosa, T. Fornari, S. B. Bottini, and E. A. Brignole, “Phase equilibria in mixtures of fatty oils and derivatives with near critical fluids using the GC-EOS model,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 91–102, 2002.
- A. I. Majeed and J. Wagner, “Parameters from group contributions equation and phase equilibria in light hydrocarbon systems,” Journal of American Chemical Society Symposium Series, vol. 300, pp. 452–473, 1986.
- G. K. Georgeton and A. S. Teja, “A simple group contribution equation of state for fluid mixtures,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2703–2710, 1989.
- J. D. Pults, R. A. Greenkorn, and K. C. Chao, “Chain-of-rotators group contribution equation of state,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2553–2564, 1989.
- H. P. Gros, S. B. Bottini, and E. A. Brignole, “High pressure phase equilibrium modeling of mixtures containing associating compounds and gases,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 139, no. 1-2, pp. 75–87, 1997.
- O. Ferreira, T. Fornari, E. A. Brignole, and S. B. Bottini, “Modeling of association effects in mixtures of carboxylic acids with associating and non-associating components,” Latin American Applied Research, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 307–312, 2003.
- S. Espinosa, S. Díaz, and T. Fornari, “Extension of the group contribution associating equation of state to mixtures containing phenol, aromatic acid and aromatic ether compounds,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 197–210, 2005.
- I. Ishizuka, E. Sarashina, Y. Arai, and S. Saito, “Group contribution model based on the hole theory,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 90–97, 1980.
- K. P. Yoo and C. S. Lee, “New lattice-fluid equation of state and its group contribution applications for predicting phase equilibria of mixtures,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 1996.
- W. Wang, X. Liu, C. Zhong, C. H. Twu, and J. E. Coon, “Group contribution simplified hole theory equation of state for liquid polymers and solvents and their solutions,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 144, no. 1-2, pp. 23–36, 1998.
- G. A. Parsafar and Z. Kalantar, “Extension of linear isotherm regularity to long chain primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols, ketones and 1-carboxylic acids by group contribution method,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 234, no. 1-2, pp. 11–21, 2005.
- Y. Miyake, A. Baylaucq, F. Plantier, D. Bessières, H. Ushiki, and C. Boned, “High-pressure (up to 140 MPa) density and derivative properties of some (pentyl-, hexyl-, and heptyl-) amines between (293.15 and 353.15) K,” Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 836–845, 2008.
- M. Yoshimura, A. Baylaucq, J. P. Bazile, H. Ushiki, and C. Boned, “Volumetric properties of 2-alkylamines (2-aminobutane and 2-aminooctane) at pressures up to 140 MPa and temperatures between (293.15 and 403.15) K,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1702–1709, 2009.
- M. Yoshimura, C. Boned, G. Galliéro, J. P. Bazile, A. Baylaucq, and H. Ushiki, “Influence of the chain length on the dynamic viscosity at high pressure of some 2-alkylamines: measurements and comparative study of some models,” Chemical Physics, vol. 369, no. 2-3, pp. 126–137, 2010.
- G. Parsafar and Z. Kalantar, “Extension of linear isotherm regularity to long chain alkanes,” Iranian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 1–8, 2003.
- G. Parsafar and E. A. Mason, “Linear isotherms for dense fluids: a new regularity,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 97, no. 35, pp. 9048–9053, 1993.
- G. Parsafar, F. Kermanpour, and B. Najafi, “Prediction of the temperature and density dependencies of the parameters of the average effective pair potential using only the LIR equation of state,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 34, pp. 7287–7292, 1999.
- G. Parsafar and E. A. Mason, “Linear isotherms for dense fluids: extension to mixtures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 7, pp. 1962–1967, 1994.
- D. Papaioannou, M. Bridakis, and C. G. Panayiotou, “Excess dynamic viscosity and excess volume of n-butylamine + 1-alkanol mixtures at moderately high pressures,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 370–378, 1993.