- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 890820, 9 pages
Design and Development of Walk-In Type Hemicylindrical Solar Tunnel Dryer for Industrial Use
Department of Farm Power and Machinery, College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology, Central Agricultural University, Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim 737135, India
Received 7 April 2012; Accepted 30 July 2012
Academic Editors: O. O. Fasina, W. He, and S. S. Kalligeros
Copyright © 2012 M. S. Seveda. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Bala and M. R. A. Mondol, “Experimental investigation on solar drying of fish using solar tunnel dryer,” Drying Technology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 427–436, 2001.
- R. Jain, “Clean technologies: implementation and technology transfer challenges,” Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 77–79, 2007.
- B. K. Bala and J. L. Woods, “Simulation of the indirect natural convection solar drying of rough rice,” Solar Energy, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 259–266, 1994.
- M. S. Sevda and N. S. Rathore, “Studies on semi-cylindrical solar tunnel dryer for drying di-basic calcium phosphate,” Agricultural Engineering International the CIGR Journal, vol. 9, Manuscript EE 07001, 2007.
- F. K. Forson, F. O. Akuffo, and M. A. A. Nazha, “Natural convection solar crop-dryers of commercial scale in Ghana: design, construction and performance,” International Journal of Ambient Energy, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 123–130, 1996.
- D. S. Lee and Y. R. Pyun, “Optimization of operating conditions in tunnel drying of food,” Drying Technology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1025–1052, 1993.
- H. P. Garg and R. Kumar, “Studies on semi-cylindrical solar tunnel dryers: thermal performance of collector,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 115–131, 2000.
- M. A. Hossain and B. K. Bala, “Drying of hot chilli using solar tunnel drier,” Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 85–92, 2007.
- B. Bena and R. J. Fuller, “Natural convection solar dryer with biomass back-up heater,” Solar Energy, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 75–83, 2002.
- R. J. Fuller and W. W. S. Charters, “Performance of a solar tunnel dryer with microcomputer control,” Solar Energy, vol. 59, no. 4–6, pp. 151–154, 1997.
- M. S. Sevda and N. S. Rathore, “Performance evaluation of the semicylindrical solar tunnel dryer for drying handmade paper,” Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, vol. 2, no. 1, Article ID 013107, 2010.
- M. A. Hossain, J. L. Woods, and B. K. Bala, “Simulation of solar drying of chilli in solar tunnel drier,” International Journal of Sustainable Energy, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 143–153, 2005.
- H. H. Chen, C. E. Hernandez, and T. C. Huang, “A study of the drying effect on lemon slices using a closed-type solar dryer,” Solar Energy, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 97–103, 2005.
- A. Esper and W. Muhlbauer, “Solar tunnel dryer,” Plant Research Development, vol. 44, pp. 16–64, 1996.
- F. K. Forson, M. A. A. Nazha, F. O. Akuffo, and H. Rajakaruna, “Design of mixed-mode natural convection solar crop dryers: application of principles and rules of thumb,” Renewable Energy, vol. 32, no. 14, pp. 2306–2319, 2007.
- W. A. Duffie and J. Beckman, Engineering of Thermal Systems, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1991.