ISRN Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 424230, 7 pages
Secure and Customizable Data Management for Automotive Systems: A Feasibility Study
1School of Computer Science, University of Magdeburg, P.O. Box 4120, 39016 Magdeburg, Germany
2Faculty of Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Received 11 November 2011; Accepted 7 December 2011
Academic Editors: O. Greevy and Y. K. Malaiya
Copyright © 2012 Thomas Thüm et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wolf, Security Engineering for Vehicular IT Systems, Vieweg and Teubner, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- A. Pretschner, M. Broy, I. H. Krüger, and T. Stauner, “Software engineering for automotive systems: a roadmap,” in Proceedings of Future of Software Engineering (FOSE '07), pp. 55–71, IEEE Computer Society, 2007.
- W. Zimmermann and R. Schmidgall, Bussysteme in der Fahrzeugtechnik, Vieweg and Teubner, 3rd edition, 2007.
- M. Rosenmüller, N. Siegmund, H. Schirmeier et al., “FAME-DBMS: tailor-made data management solutions for embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Software Engineering for Tailor-Made Data Management (SETMDM '08), S. Apel, M. Rosenmüller, G. Saake, and O. Spinczyk, Eds., pp. 1–6, ACM, 2008.
- T. Hoppe, S. Kiltz, and J. Dittmann, “Security threats to automotive CAN Networks—practical examples and selected short-term countermeasures,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security (SAFECOMP '08), pp. 235–248, Springer, 2008.
- T. Ernst and A. De La Fortelle, “Car-to-car and car-to-infrastructure communication system based on NEMO and MANET in IPv6,” in Proceedings of the Intelligent Transportation System World Congress (ITSWC '06), 2006.
- S. Schulze, M. Pukall, G. Saake, T. Hoppe, and J. Dittmann, “On the need of automotive data management in automotive systems,” in Proceedings of the GI-Fachtagung Datenbanksysteme für Business, Technologie und Web (BTW '09), Lecture Notes in Informatics, pp. 217–227, Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI), March 2009.
- K. C. Kang, S. G. Cohen, J. A. Hess, W. E. Novak, and A. S. Peterson, “Feature-oriented domain analysis (FODA) feasibility study,” Technical Report CMU/SEI-90-TR-21, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 1990.
- C. Kästner, S. Apel, and M. Kuhlemann, “Granularity in software product lines,” in Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE '08), pp. 311–320, ACM, May 2008.
- C. Prehofer, “Feature-oriented programming: a fresh look at objects,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP '97), vol. 1241 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 419–443, Springer, 1997.
- S. Apel, T. Leich, M. Rosenmüller, and G. Saake, “FeatureC++: on the symbiosis of feature-oriented and aspect-oriented programming,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Generative Programming and Component Engineering (GPCE '05), R. Glueck and M. Lowry, Eds., vol. 3676 of Lecture Notes on Computer Science, pp. 125–140, Springer, 2005.
- D. Beuche, Composition and construction of embedded software families, Ph.D. thesis, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany, 2003.
- T. Thüm, I. Schaefer, M. Kuhlemann, and S. Apel, “Proof composition for deductive verification of software product lines,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation Workshops (ICSTW '11), pp. 270–277, IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
- S. Apel, C. Kästner, A. Größlinger, and C. Lengauer, “Type safety for feature-oriented product lines,” Automated Software Engineering, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 251–300, 2010.
- T. Hoppe and J. Dittmann, “Sniffing/replay attacks on can buses: a simulated attack on the electric window lift classified using an adapted CERT taxonomy,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Embedded Systems Security (WESS '07), 2007.
- A. Barisani and B. Daniele, “Unusual car navigation tricks: injecting RDS-TMC traffic information signals,” in Proceedings of the CanSecWest Conference, 2007.
- A. Lang, J. Dittmann, S. Kiltz, and T. Hoppe, “Future perspectives: the car and its IP-address—a potential safety and security risk assessment,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP '07), pp. 40–53, 2007.
- R. Krauße, Entwicklung und evaluierung eines sicheren datenbankmanagementsystems für automotive Systeme, M.S. thesis, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany, 2010.
- S. S. ur Rahman, V. Köppen, and G. Saake, “Cellular DBMS: an atempt towards biologocally-inspired data management,” Journal of Digital Information Management, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 117–128, 2010.
- D. Nyström, A. Tesanovic, C. Norström, J. Hansson, and N.-E. Bankestad, “Data management issues in vehicle control systems: a case study,” in Proceedings of the Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS '02), pp. 249–256, 2002.
- D. Nyström, A. Tesanovic, C. Norström, and J. Hansson, “COMET: a component-based real-time database for automotive systems,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Software Engineering for Automotive Systems, 2004.
- T. Leich, S. Apel, and G. Saake, “Using step-wise refinement to build a flexible lightweight storage manager,” in Proceedings of the East-European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems (ADBIS '05), pp. 324–337, Springer, 2005.
- R. Vingralek, “GnatDb: a small-footprint, secure database system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Very Large Databases, pp. 884–893, 2002.
- L. Bobineau, C. Bouganim, P. Pucheral, and P. Valduriez, “PicoDMBS: scaling down database techniques for the smartcard,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Very Large Databases, pp. 11–20, 2000.