- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 728594, 7 pages
Spectrophotometric Estimation of Flutamide in Pure and in Pharmaceutical Preparations
Department of Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore 570006, India
Received 9 October 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editors: T. Stafilov and Y. Ueno
Copyright © 2012 Hemavathi Nagaraju Deepakumari and Hosakere Doddarevanna Revanasiddappa. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. N. Brogden and P. Chrisp, “Flutamide. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic use in advanced prostatic cancer,” Drugs & Aging, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 104–115, 1991.
- D. G. McLeod, “Antiandrogenic drugs,” Cancer, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 1046–1049, 1993.
- Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary and Handbook, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, Melrose Park, Australia, 19th edition, 2004.
- A. Osol and J. E. Hoover, Remington's Pharmaceutical Sciences, Marck Publishing Company, Easton, Pa, USA, 18th edition, 1996.
- European Pharmacopoeia, vol. 1, 5th edition, 2005.
- I. Niopas and A. C. Daftsios, “Determination of 2-hydroxyflutamide in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography and its application to pharmacokinetic studies,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 759, no. 1, pp. 179–183, 2001.
- A. Anton Smith, R. Manavalan, K. Kannan, and N. Rajendiran, “Improved liquid chromatographic method for the determination of flutamide in pharmaceutical formulation,” International Journal of PharmTech Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 360–364, 2009.
- H. R. N. Salgado, M. De Menezes, and M. P. B. Storti, “Determination of flutamide in tablets by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Acta Farmaceutica Bonaerense, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 246–249, 2005.
- G. V. Subba Reddy, C. Lakshmi Narayana Reddy, V. N. Myreddy, and S. Jayarama Reddy, “Electrochemical reduction of flutamide and its determination in dosage forms and biological media,” Journal of Clinical Medicine and Research, vol. 3, pp. 35–39, 2011.
- E. Hammam, H. S. El-Desoky, K. Y. El-Baradie, and A. M. Beltagi, “Three validated stripping voltammetric procedures for determination of the anti-prostate cancer drug flutamide in tablets and human serum at a mercury electrode,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1386–1392, 2004.
- A. A. Smith, R. Manavalan, K. Kannan, and N. Rajendiran, “Spectrofluorimetric determination of flutamide in pharmaceutical preparations,” Oriental Journal of Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 189–194, 2008.
- P. Nagaraja, H. S. Yathirajan, H. R. Arun Kumar, and R. A. Vasantha, “Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of flutamide in tablets,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 272–274, 2002.
- K. S. Rangappa, P. Nagaraja, and K. C. S. Murthy, “New extractive spectrophotometric determination of flutamide in pure and pharmaceutical formulations,” Analytical Sciences, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 637–639, 2000.
- K. M. Reddy, K. Suvardhan, K. Suresh, S. Prabhakar, and P. Chiranjeevi, “New spectrophotometric method for the determination of flutamide in pharmaceutical preparation using chromotropic acid as a coupling agent,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Environment and Health, pp. 410–416, Chennai, India, December 2003.
- “Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology Q2(R 1),” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline, London, UK, November 1996.