- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 869493, 5 pages
Novel Reagents for the Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoniazid
Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University, Karnataka,
Mangalagangothri 574 199, India
Received 11 April 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. A. Ensafi, D. V. Konarev, and N. Zanatta
Copyright © 2012 Divya N. Shetty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. C. Smith, L. Armitige, and A. Wanger, “A review of tubercolosis: reflections on the past, present and future of a global epidemic disease,” Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 483–491, 2003.
- V. Chorine, “Médecine expérimentale—Action de l'amide nicotinique sur les bacilles du genre mycobacterium,” Comptes Rendu Hebdomadaires des Séances de l'Académie des Sciences, vol. 220, no. 4, pp. 150–151, 1945.
- J. Bernstein, W. A. Lott, B. A. Steinberg, and H. L. Yale, “Chemotherapy of experimental tuberculosis. V. Isonicotinic acid hydrazide (Nydrazid) and related compounds,” The American Review of Tuberculosis, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 357–364, 1952.
- H. A. Offe, W. Siefken, and G. Domagk, “The tuberculostatic activity of hydrazine derivatives from pyridine carboxylic acids and carbonyl compounds,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung B, vol. 7, pp. 462–468, 1952.
- D. L. Griffiths, A. G. Quinlan, and H. J. Richards, “Isoniazid in treatment of bone and joint tuberculosis: a review of 20 cases,” The British Medical Journal, vol. 1, no. 4875, pp. 1355–1359, 1954.
- Y. Zhang, “The magic bullets and tuberculosis drug targets,” Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 45, pp. 529–564, 2005.
- H. H. Fox, “The chemical approach to the control of tuberculosis,” Science, vol. 116, no. 3006, pp. 129–134, 1952.
- D. Jenkins and F. F. Davidson, “Isoniazid chemoprophylaxis of tuberculosis,” California medicine, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 1–5, 1972.
- A. M. El-Brashy and S. M. El-Ashry, “Colorimetric and titrimetric assay of isoniazid,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 421–426, 1992.
- C. J. Shishoo and M. B. Devani, “Nonaqueous titrimetric determination of isoniazid in presence of excess of sodium p-aminosalicylate in dosage forms,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 92–93, 1970.
- A. Safavi, M. A. Karimi, M. R. H. Nezhad, R. Kamali, and N. Saghir, “Sensitive indirect spectrophotometric determination of isoniazid,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part A, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 765–769, 2004.
- M. E. El-Kommos and A. S. Yanni, “Spectrophotometric determination of isoniazid using 6,7-dichloroquinoline-5,8-dione,” Analyst, vol. 113, no. 7, pp. 1091–1095, 1988.
- P. Nagaraja, K. Sunitha, R. Vasantha, and H. Yathirajan, “Novel method for the spectrophotometric determination of isoniazid and ritodrine hydrochloride,” Turkish Journal of Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 743–750, 2002.
- J. J. Vallon, A. Badinand, and C. Bichon, “Determination of isoniazid, N acetylisoniazid and isonicotinic acid by polarography with superimposed sinusoidal tension,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 93–98, 1975.
- V. J. Jennings, A. Dodson, and A. Harrison, “Coulometric microtitration of arsenic(III) and isoniazid using a vitreous carbon generating electrode,” Analyst, vol. 99, no. 1177, pp. 145–148, 1974.
- J. T. Stewart, I. L. Honigberg, and J. P. Brant, “Liquid chromatography in pharmaceutical analysis. V. Determination of an isoniazid pyridoxine hydrochloride mixture,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 1536–1539, 1976.
- J. Bartos, “Elements of functional organic fluorometry. VII. Fluorometry of pyridine derivatives,” Annales Pharmaceutiques Francaises, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 71–73, 1971.
- S. T. Sulaiman and D. Amin, “Spectroscopic studies of isonicotinoyl-, nicotinoyl-, and piconoylhydrazines with chloranil,” Microchemical Journal, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 328–330, 1983.
- P. R. Shah and R. R. Raje, “Hydrazones of isoniazid for colorimetric analysis,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 291–292, 1977.
- N. F. Poole and A. E. Meyer, “Comparison of new chemical method of determining isonicotinoyl hydrazide in serum with microbiological assay,” Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 375–377, 1958.