- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 101024, 6 pages
Surgical Resection for Small Cell Lung Cancer: Pneumonectomy versus Lobectomy
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chongqing Cancer Institute, Shapingba District, Hanyu Avenue, Chongqing 400030, China
Received 5 March 2012; Accepted 4 April 2012
Academic Editors: D. Galetta and R. G. Hahn
Copyright © 2012 Jiang Yuequan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Iannuzzi and C. H. Scoggin, “Small cell lung cancer,” American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 593–608, 1986.
- F. A. Shepherd, R. J. Ginsberg, R. Feld, W. K. Evans, and E. Johansen, “Surgical treatment for limited small-cell lung cancer: the University of Toronto Lung Oncology Group experience,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 385–393, 1991.
- A. B. Miller, W. Fox, and R. Tall, “Five-year follow-up of the Medical Research Council comparative trial of surgery and radiotherapy for the primary treatment of small-celled or oat-celled carcinoma of the bronchus,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 7619, pp. 501–505, 1969.
- W. Fox and J. G. Scadding, “Medical Research Council comparative trial of surgery and radiotherapy for primary treatment of small celled or oat celled carcinoma of bronchus. Ten year follow up,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 7820, pp. 63–65, 1973.
- E. Lim, E. Belcher, Y. K. Yap, A. G. Nicholson, and P. Goldstraw, “The role of surgery in the treatment of limited disease small cell lung cancer: time to reevaluate,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 1267–1271, 2008.
- T. W. Shields, G. A. Higgins Jr., M. J. Matthews, and R. J. Keehn, “Surgical resection in the management of small cell carcinoma of the lung,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 481–488, 1982.
- J. H. Sohn, H. J. Choi, J. Chang et al., “A phase II trial of fractionated irinotecan plus carboplatin for previously untreated extensive-disease small cell lung cancer,” Lung Cancer, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 365–370, 2006.
- H. Okamoto, K. Naoki, Y. Narita, N. Hida, H. Kunikane, and K. Watanabe, “A combination chemotherapy of carboplatin and irinotecan with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) support in elderly patients with small cell lung cancer,” Lung Cancer, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 197–203, 2006.
- R. Francisco, K. Harper, and D. Wang, “Phase II study of sequential targeting regimens with irinotecan/oxaliplatin followed by etoposide/carboplatin in patients with extensive small cell lung cancer (SCLC),” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 2, no. 8, p. S828, 2007.
- A. Hermes, B. Bergman, R. Bremmes, et al., “Treatment with irinotecan plus carboplatin prolonges survival without compromising quality of life in patients with small cell lung cancer, extensive disease (SCLC-ED). Results of a randomized phase III trial,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 2, no. 8, p. S390, 2007.
- K. Karrer and E. Ulsperger, “Surgery for cure followed by chemotherapy in small cell carcinoma of the lung. For the ISC-Lung Cancer Study Group,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 899–906, 1995.
- H. Wada, H. Yokomise, F. Tanaka et al., “Surgical treatment of small cell carcinoma of the lung: advantage of preoperative chemotherapy,” Lung Cancer, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 45–56, 1995.
- S. Davis, L. Crino, M. Tonato, S. Darwish, P. G. Pelicci, and F. Grignani, “A prospective analysis of chemotherapy following surgical resection of clinical stage I-II small-cell lung cancer,” American Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 93–95, 1993.
- M. V. Brock, C. M. Hooker, J. E. Syphard et al., “Surgical resection of limited disease small cell lung cancer in the new era of platinum chemotherapy: its time has come,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 64–72, 2005.
- M. Inoue, S. Miyoshi, T. Yasumitsu et al., “Surgical results for small cell lung cancer based on the new TNM staging system,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 1615–1619, 2000.
- F. A. Shepherd, R. Ginsberg, G. A. Patterson et al., “Is there ever a role for salvage operations in limited small-cell lung cancer?” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 196–200, 1991.