- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 515484, 6 pages
Effect of Austempering and Martempering on the Properties of AISI 52100 Steel
1Department of IPE, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
3Department of IPE, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
Received 1 June 2012; Accepted 4 July 2012
Academic Editors: L. Bourithis and J. Mao
Copyright © 2013 P. Vamsi Krishna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Krauss, Steels: Heat Treatment and Processing Principles, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, USA, 1990.
- W. F. Smith, Structure and Properties of Engineering Alloys, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1993.
- H. Chandler, Heat Treater's Guide: Practices and Procedures for Irons and Steels, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, USA, 1995.
- H. Weber and W. J. Laird, “Martempering of steel,” in ASM Metals Handbook, pp. 137–138, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, USA, 1991.
- F. Abbasi, A. J. Fletcher, and A. B. Soomro, “A critical assessment of the hardening of steel by martempering,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 1069–1080, 1987.
- M. H. Shaeri, H. Saghafian, and S. G. Shabestari, “Effects of austempering and martempering processes on amount of retained austenite in Cr-Mo steels (FMU-226) used in mill liner,” Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 53–58, 2010.
- D. Mandal, M. Ghosh, J. Pal et al., “Effect of austempering treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of high-Si steel,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1069–1075, 2009.
- J. MacIejewski and C. Regulski, “Fracture assessment of martempered and quenched and tempered alloy steel,” Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 397–408, 2009.
- Y. S. Lerner and G. R. Kingsbury, “Wear resistance properties of austempered ductile iron,” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 48–53, 1997.
- S. Jetley, “Martempering to improve wear properties of aircraft brake steel rotors,” Journal of Industrial Technology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 1–10, 2007.
- B. B. Bartha, J. Zawadzki, S. Chandrasekar, and T. N. Farris, “Wear of hard-turned AISI 52100 steel,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1417–1425, 2005.