- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
ISRN Veterinary Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 915729, 5 pages
Growth Performance of Rabbits Fed Palm-Press Fibres-Based Diets
1Faculty of Agronomic Sciences, University of Abomey Calavi, 01 BP 526 Cotonou, Benin
2Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Abomey Calavi, 01 BP 4521 Cotonou, Benin
Received 23 March 2012; Accepted 23 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Arieli and B. China
Copyright © 2012 M. Frederic Houndonougbo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kpodekon and P. Tomagnimena, “Acceptability of rabbit meat in Republic of Benin,” News Bulletin of Rabbit Research and Development Network in Africa, vol. 1, pp. 15–21, 1992.
- J. García, R. Carabaño, and J. C. De Blas, “Effect of fiber source on cell wall digestibility and rate of passage in rabbits,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 898–905, 1999.
- T. Gidenne, “Effect of fibre level, particle size and adaptation period on digestibility and rate of passage as measured at the ileum and in the faeces in the adult rabbit,” British Journal of Nutrition, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 133–146, 1992.
- Y. Djago, M. Kpodekon, and F. Lebas, Practical Guide of Rabbits Farmer in Tropics, CECURI, Benin, 2nd edition, 2010.
- H. B. K. Zaman, “Production of high fibre bread from oil palm pericarp fibre,” Bachelor of Science Final Project Report in Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Selangor, Malaysia, 2008.
- J. G. Collingwood, “Elaeis guineensis African oil palm,” In Processed plant protein food stuffs, New York Academic Press, 1958, http://www.fao.org/ag/aga/agap/FRG/afris/Data/501.htm.
- SAS Institute Inc., “Qualification tools user's guide. Statistic,” Analysis System Procedure, Version 9.1.2, SAS Institute Inc. Cary, NC, USA, 2004.
- F. M. Houndonougbo, A. Chwalibog, and C. A. A. M. Chrysostome, “Nutritional and economic values of by-products used in poultry diets in Benin: The case of soybean, cotton and palm kernel meals,” Livestock Research for Rural Development, vol. 20, no. 11, 2008.
- L. Baba, “Comparison of growth performances of two batches of rabbits fed with meal and pellet diets,” Bachelor of Science Report, University of Abomey Calavi, EPAC/UAC, Benin, 2003.
- G. Mohammed, J. U. Igwebuike, N. K. Alade, S. B. Adamu, and A. O. Raji, “Performance of growing rabbits fed varying levels of camel blood-rumen content mixture,” Research Opinion in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 673–676, 2011.
- T. Gidenne, A. Travel, S. Murr et al., “Limited intake and deliver mode of diet. Consequences on feeding behavior, digestion and carcass quality,” in Proceeding of the 13th Rabbitry Research Days, INRA-ITAVI, pp. 43–46, Le Mans, France, November 2009.
- T. Gidenne, “Recent advances in rabbit nutrition-emphasis of fibre requirements,” World Rabbit Science, vol. 8, pp. 23–32, 2000.
- M. Kpodékon, A. K. I. Yousao, I. Djobbenou, and Y. Djago, “Growth and viability performance of rabbit kids fed with pellet feed,” African Review of Animal Health and Production, vol. 3, no. 3-4, pp. 222–226, 2005.
- M. Hamouda, K. Salwa, and J. El-Gaied, “Crossing of local rabbits with the Hyla strain: growth and reproductive performance in the first generation,” Mediterranean Options, Serie A, vol. 8, pp. 103–108, 1990.
- F. Bovera, A. Lestingi, S. Marono et al., “Effect of dietary mannan-oligosaccharides on in vivo performance, nutrient digestibility and caecal content characteristics of growing rabbits,” Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 130–136, 2011.
- F. M. Houndonougbo, C. A. A. M. Chrysostome, and Z. L. A. O. Amoussa, “Tchoukoutou residue and yogurt as feed additives in broilers feed,” Research Opinions in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 597–600, 2011.
- J. M. Brun and J. Ouhayoun, “Growth performances and carcass traits in three strains of rabbits and their two-way crosses,” Annals of Zootechnia, vol. 38, pp. 171–179, 1989.
- G. Lounaouci–Ouyed, D. Lakabi, M. Berchiche, and F. Lebas, “Effects of straw supply in suplement to pellet feed poor in fibres on digestion, growth and carcass yield of Algerian local rabbits population,” in Proceeding of the 13th Rabbitry Research Days, INRA-ITAVI, pp. 55–58, Le Mans, France, November 2009.