- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Astronomy
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 931920, 10 pages
Possible Measurable Effects of Dark Energy in Rotating Superconductors
1ESA-HQ, European Space Agency, 8-10 rue Mario Nikis, 75015 Paris, France
2School of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK
Received 16 March 2009; Accepted 26 June 2009
Academic Editor: Zdzislaw E. Musielak
Copyright © 2009 Clovis Jacinto de Matos and Christian Beck. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. N. Spergel, L. Verde, H. V. Peiris, et al., “First-year Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) observations: determination of cosmological parameters,” Astrophysical Journal, Supplement Series, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 175–194, 2003.
- P. J. E. Peebles and B. Ratra, “The cosmological constant and dark energy,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 559–606, 2003.
- E. J. Copeland, M. Sami, and S. Tsujikawa, “Dynamics of dark energy,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1753–1935, 2006.
- T. Padmanabhan, “Cosmological Constant–the Weight of the Vacuum,” Physics Reports, vol. 380, pp. 235–320, 2003.
- D. J. Kapner, T. S. Cook, E. G. Adelberger, et al., “Tests of the gravitational inverse-square law below the dark-energy length scale,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 2, Article ID 021101, 2007.
- C. Beck and M. C. Mackey, “Electromagnetic dark energy,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 71–80, 2008.
- S. Alexander, M. Mbonye, and J. Moffat, “The gravitational instability of the vacuum: insight into the cosmological constant problem,” http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0406202.
- V. Jejjala, M. Kavic, and D. Minic, “Fine structure of dark energy and new physics,” Advances in High Energy Physics, vol. 2007, Article ID 21586, 14 pages, 2007.
- J. Tate, B. Cabrera, S. B. Felch, and J. T. Anderson, “Precise determination of the Cooper-pair mass,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 62, no. 8, pp. 845–848, 1989.
- M. Tajmar, F. Plesescu, B. Seifert, and K. Marhold, “Measurement of gravitomagnetic and acceleration fields around a rotating superconductor,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF '07), vol. 880 of AIP Conference Proceedings, pp. 1071–1082, 2007.
- M. Tajmar, F. Plesescu, K. Marhold, and C. J. de Matos, “Experimental detection of the gravitomagnetic London moment,” http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0603033.
- M. Tajmar, F. Plesescu, B. Seifert, R. Schnitzer, and I. Vasiljevich, “Search for frame dragging in the vicinity of spinning superconductors,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Time and Matter, vol. 49, Nova Gorica, Slovenia, 2008.
- C. Kiefer and C. Weber, “On the interaction of mesoscopic quantum systems with gravity,” Annalen der Physik, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 253–278, 2005.
- C. J. de Matos and M. Tajmar, “Gravitomagnetic London moment and the graviton mass inside a superconductor,” Physica C, vol. 432, no. 3-4, pp. 167–172, 2005.
- S. Weinberg, The Quantum Theory of Fields, vol. 2, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1996.
- M. Tajmar and C. J. de Matos, “Gravitomagnetic field of a rotating superconductor and of a rotating superfluid,” Physica C, vol. 385, no. 4, pp. 551–554, 2003.
- M. Tajmar and C. J. de Matos, “Extended analysis of gravitomagnetic fields in rotating superconductors and superfluids,” Physica C, vol. 420, no. 1-2, pp. 56–60, 2005.
- B. Mashhoon, “On the gravitational analogue of Larmor's theorem,” Physics Letters A, vol. 173, no. 4-5, pp. 347–354, 1993.
- L. H. Ryder, Quantum Field Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 1996.
- R. Becker, G. Heller, and F. Sauter, “Über die Stromverteilung in einer supraleitenden Kugel,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 85, no. 11-12, pp. 772–787, 1933.
- F. London, Superfluids, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1950.
- C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 8th edition, 2005.
- J. Argyris and C. Ciubotariu, “Massive gravitons in general relativity,” Australian Journal of Physics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 879–891, 1997.
- S. Deser and A. Waldron, “Stability of massive cosmological gravitons,” Physics Letters B, vol. 508, no. 3-4, pp. 347–353, 2001.
- C. Beck and M. C. Mackey, “Could dark energy be measured in the lab?” Physics Letters B, vol. 605, no. 3-4, pp. 295–300, 2005.
- C. Beck, “Laboratory tests on dark energy,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 123–130, 2006.
- C. Beck and M. C. Mackey, “Measurability of vacuum fluctuations and dark energy,” Physica A, vol. 379, no. 1, pp. 101–110, 2007.
- B. Rhatra and P. J. E. Peebles, “Cosmology with a time-variable cosmological constant,” The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 325, p. L17, 1988.
- R. H. Koch, D. J. van Harlingen, and J. Clarke, “Quantum-noise theory for the resistively shunted Josephson junction,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 45, no. 26, pp. 2132–2135, 1980.
- C. J. de Matos, “Electromagnetic dark energy and gravitoelectrodynamics of superconductors,” Physica C, vol. 468, no. 3, pp. 210–213, 2008.
- A. A. Verheijen, J. M. van Ruitenbeek, R. de Bruyn Ouboter, and L. J. de Jongh, “Measurement of the London moment in two high-temperature superconductors,” Nature, vol. 345, no. 6274, pp. 418–419, 1990.
- S. Weinberg, Gravitation and Cosmology: Principles and Applications of the General Theory of Relativity, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- A. Lasenby, C. Doran, and S. Gull, “Gravity, gauge theories and geometric algebra,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 356, no. 1737, pp. 487–582, 1998.
- A. Lasenby, private communication.
- C. Doran, A. Lasenby, S. Dolan, and I. Hinder, “Fermion absorption cross section of a Schwarzschild black hole,” Physical Review D, vol. 71, no. 12, Article ID 124020, 6 pages, 2005.
- C. Beck and C. J. de Matos, “The dark energy scale in superconductors: innovative theoretical and experimental concepts,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0709.2373.