- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Astronomy
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 735487, 5 pages
A Priori “Imprinting” of General Relativity Itself on Some Tests of It?
INFN-Sezione di Pisa, Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125 Bari, Italy
Received 14 January 2010; Accepted 23 February 2010
Academic Editor: Zeljko Ivezic
Copyright © 2010 Lorenzo Iorio. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Iess, G. Giampieri, J. D. Anderson, and B. Bertotti, “Doppler measurement of the solar gravitational deflection,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1487–1502, 1999.
- B. Bertotti, L. Iess, and P. Tortora, “A test of general relativity using radio links with the Cassini spacecraft,” Nature, vol. 425, no. 6956, pp. 374–376, 2003.
- J. D. Anderson, E. L. Lau, and G. Giampieri, “Measurement of the PPN parameter with radio signals from thr Cassini spacecraft at X- and Ka-bands,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif, USA, December 2004, eConf C041213, 0305.
- W.-T. Ni, “ASTROD and ASTROD I—overview and progress,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 921–940, 2008.
- N. Ashby, P. Bender, J. L. Hall, et al., “Measurement of the gravitational time delay using drag-free spacecraft and an optical clock,” Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. 41, p. 893, 2009.
- D. Hobbs, B. Holl, L. Lindegren, F. Raison, S. Klioner, and A. Butkevich, “Determining PPN gamma with Gaia's astrometric core solution,” Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. 41, p. 891, 2009.
- S. G. Turyshev, “Tests of relativistic gravity in space: recent progress and future directions,” Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. 41, p. 887, 2009.
- A. Milani, “Relativistic models for the BepiColombo radioscience experiment,” Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. 41, p. 892, 2009.
- T. Damour and K. Nordtvedt, “General relativity as a cosmological attractor of tensor-scalar theories,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 15, pp. 2217–2219, 1993.
- T. Damour and K. Nordtvedt, “Tensor-scalar cosmological models and their relaxation toward general relativity,” Physical Review D, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 3436–3450, 1993.
- T. Damour and A. M. Polyakov, “The string dilation and a least coupling principle,” Nuclear Physics B, vol. 423, pp. 532–558, 1994.
- T. Damour, F. Piazza, and G. Veneziano, “Runaway dilaton and equivalence principle violations,” Physical Review D, vol. 89, Article ID 081601, 2002.
- S. G. Turyshev, “Experimental tests of general relativity,” Annual Review of Nuclear and Particle Science, vol. 58, pp. 207–248, 2008.
- E. M. Standish, “The astronomical unit now, in transits of venus: new views of the solar system and galaxy,” in Proceedings of the IAU Colloquium No.196, D. W. Kurz, Ed., pp. 163–179, Lancashire, UK, June 2004.
- G. A. Krasinsky and V. A. Brumberg, “Secular increase of astronomical unit from analysis of the major planet motions, and its interpretation,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 267–288, 2004.
- E. V. Pitjeva, “High-precision ephemerides of planets—EPM and determination of some astronomical constants,” Solar System Research, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 176–186, 2005.
- A. Fienga, H. Manche, J. Laskar, and M. Gastineau, “INPOP06: a new numerical planetary ephemeris,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 477, no. 1, pp. 315–327, 2008.
- E. V. Pitjeva and E. M. Standish, “Proposals for the masses of the three largest asteroids, the moon-earth mass ratio and the astronomical unit,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 365–372, 2009.
- A. Fienga, J. Laskar, T. Morley, et al., “INPOP08, a 4-D planetary ephemeris: from asteroid and time-scale computations to ESA mars express and venus express contributions,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 507, no. 3, pp. 1675–1686, 2009.
- J. C. Lopresto, C. Schrader, and A. K. Pierce, “Solar gravitational redshift from the infrared oxygen triplet,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 376, no. 2, pp. 757–760, 1991.
- A. Cacciani, R. Briguglio, F. Massa, and P. Rapex, “Precise measurement of the solar gravitational red shift,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 95, no. 1–4, pp. 425–437, 2006.
- F. Berrilli, M. Velli, L. Roselli, et al., “The ADAHELI solar mission,” in Proceedings of the 12th European Solar Physics Meeting, Freiburg, Germany, September 2008.
- C. W. Allen, Astrophysical Quantities, Athlone Press, London, UK, 1973.
- J. Schou, A. G. Kosovichev, P. R. Goode, and W. A. Dziembowski, “Determination of the Sun's seismic radius from the SOHO michelson doppler imager,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 489, no. 2, pp. L197–L200, 1997.
- H. M. Antia, “Estimate of solar radius from f-mode frequencies,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 330, no. 1, pp. 336–340, 1998.
- T. M. Brown and J. Christensen-Dalsgaard, “Accurate determination of the solar photospheric radius,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 500, p. L195, 1998.
- M. Takata and D. O. Gough, “The influence of uncertainties in the Sun's radius on inversions for the solar structure,” in Proceedings of the SOHO 10/GONG 2000 Workshop: Helio- and Asteroseismology at the Dawn of the Millennium, pp. 543–546, ESA Publications Division, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain, October 2000.