- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Astronomy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 430694, 14 pages
Fab Four: When John and George Play Gravitation and Cosmology
1Namur Center for Complex Systems (naXys), University of Namur, 5000 Namur, Belgium
2Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Université d'Abomey-Calavi, BP 526 Cotonou, Benin
3Royal Observatory of Belgium, Avenue Circulaire 3, 1180 Brussels, Belgium
4LNE-SYRTE, Observatoire de Paris, CNRS, UPMC, avenue de l'Observatoire 61, 75014 Paris, France
5Center for Cosmology, Particle Physics and Phenomenology (CP3), University of Louvain, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Received 17 March 2012; Accepted 4 November 2012
Academic Editor: Elmetwally Elabbasy
Copyright © 2012 J.-P. Bruneton et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Nicolis, R. Rattazzi, and E. Trincherini, “Galileon as a local modification of gravity,” Physical Review D, vol. 79, Article ID 064036, 21 pages, 2009.
- R. V. Wagoner, “Scalar-tensor theory and gravitational waves,” Physical Review D, vol. 1, pp. 3209–3216, 1970.
- T. Damour and G. Esposito-Farese, “Tensor multiscalar theories of gravitation,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 9, no. 9 , article 2093, 1992.
- T. Damour and K. Nordtvedt, “Tensor-scalar cosmological models and their relaxation toward general relativity,” Physical Review D, vol. 48, no. 3436, p. 3450, 1993.
- F. Perrotta, C. Baccigalupi, and S. Matarrese, “Extended quintessence,” Physical Review D, vol. 61, Article ID 023507, 12 pages, 1999.
- S. Nojiri and S. D. Odintsov, “Modified gravity with negative and positive powers of curvature: unification of inflation and cosmic acceleration,” Physical Review D, vol. 68, Article ID 123512, 10 pages, 2003.
- T. Chiba, “1/R gravity and scalar-tensor gravity,” Physics Letters B, vol. 575, no. 1-2, pp. 1–3, 2003.
- S. Capozziello and M. Francaviglia, “Extended theories of gravity and their cosmological and astrophysical applications,” General Relativity and Gravitation, vol. 40, no. 2-3, pp. 357–420, 2008.
- T. P. Sotiriou and V. Faraoni, “f(R) theories of gravity,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 82, pp. 451–497, 2010.
- T. Clifton, P. G. Ferreira, A. Padilla, and C. Skordis, “Modified gravity and cosmology,” Physics Reports, vol. 513, no. 1–3, pp. 1–189, 2012.
- C. Deffayet, G. Esposito-Farese, and A. Vikman, “Covariant Galileon,” Physical Review D, vol. 79, Article ID 084003, 6 pages, 2009.
- C. Deffayet, X. Gao, D. Steer, and G. Zahariade, “From k-essence to generalized Galileons,” Physical Review D, vol. 84, Article ID 064039, 15 pages, 2011.
- C. Deffayet, S. Deser, and G. Esposito-Farese, “Generalized Galileons: all scalar models whose curved background extensions maintain second-order field equations and stress tensors,” Physical Review D, vol. 80, Article ID 064015, 5 pages, 2009.
- G. W. Horndeski, “Second-order scalar-tensor field equations in a four-dimensional space,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 363–384, 1974.
- J. Khoury and A. Weltman, “Chameleon cosmology,” Physical Review D, vol. 69, Article ID 044026, p. 15, 2004.
- A. Hees and A. Fuzfa, “Combined cosmological and solar system constraints on chameleon mechanism,” Physical Review D, vol. 85, Article ID 103005, 21 pages, 2012.
- E. Babichev, V. Mukhanov, and A. Vikman, “k-Essence, superluminal propagation, causality and emergent geometry,” Journal of High Energy Physics, vol. 2008, no. 02, article 101, 2008.
- P. Creminelli, A. Nicolis, and E. Trincherini, “Galilean genesis: an alternative to inflation,” Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, vol. 2010, no. 11, article 021, 2010.
- E. Babichev, “Galileon accretion,” Physical Review D, vol. 83, Article ID 024008, 9 pages, 2011.
- C. Deffayet, O. Pujolas, I. Sawicki, and A. Vikman, “Imperfect dark energy from kinetic gravity braiding,” ournal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, vol. 2010, no. 10, article 026, 2010.
- N. Chow and J. Khoury, “Galileon cosmology,” Physical Review D, vol. 80, Article ID 024037, p. 13, 2009.
- C. Charmousis, E. J. Copeland, A. Padilla, and P. M. Saffin, “General second order scalar-tensor theory, self tuning, and the Fab Four,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 108, Article ID 051101, 2012.
- T. Kobayashi, M. Yamaguchi, and J. Yokoyama, “Generalized g-inflation,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 126, pp. 511–529, 2011.
- S. Tsujikawa, “Observational tests of inflation with a field derivative coupling to gravity,” Physical Review D, vol. 85, Article ID 083518, 2012.
- E. N. Saridakis and S. V. Sushkov, “Quintessence and phantom cosmology with nonminimal derivative coupling,” Physical Review D, vol. 81, Article ID 083510, 8 pages, 2010.
- A. Fienga, J. Laskar, P. Kuchynka et al., “The INPOP10a planetary ephemeris and its applications in fundamental physics,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 363–385, 2011.
- S. V. Sushkov, “Exact cosmological solutions with nonminimal derivative coupling,” Physical Review D, vol. 80, no. 10, Article ID 103505, 6 pages, 2009.
- G. Gubitosi and E. V. Linder, “Purely kinetic coupled gravity,” Physics Letters B, vol. 703, no. 2, pp. 113–118, 2011.
- C. Germani and A. Kehagias, “Ultraviolet-protected inflation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 16, Article ID 161302, 4 pages, 2011.
- C. Charmousis, E. J. Copeland, A. Padilla, and P. M. Saffin, “Self-tuning and the derivation of the Fab Four,” Physical Review D, vol. 85, Article ID 104040, 2012.
- J. P. Bruneton, “Causality and superluminal behavior in classical field theories: applications to k-essence theories and modified-Newtonian-dynamics-like theories of gravity,” Physical Review D, vol. 75, no. 8, Article ID 085013, 14 pages, 2007.
- A. De Felice and S. Tsujikawa, “Conditions for the cosmological viability of the most general scalar-tensor theories and their applications to extended Galileon dark energy models,” Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, vol. 2012, no. 02, article 007, 2012.
- C. Germani and A. Kehagias, “New model of inflation with nonminimal derivative coupling of standard model higgs boson to gravity,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, Article ID 011302, 4 pages, 2010.
- T. Damour and G. Esposito-Farese, “Nonperturbative strong-field effects in tensor-scalar theories of gravitation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, pp. 2220–2223, 1993.
- A. Hees, B. Lamine, S. Reynaud et al., “Radioscience simulations in general relativity and in alternative theories of gravity,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 29, no. 23, article 235027.
- A. Hees, P. Wolf, B. Lamine et al., “Radioscience simulations in General Relativity and in alternative theories of gravity,” in Proceedings of Les Rencontres de Moriond 2011, 2011.
- A. Hees, P. Wolf, B. Lamine et al., “Testing Gravitation in the Solar System with Radio Science experiments,” in Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the French Society of Astronomy and Astrophysics (SF2A '11), G. Alecian, K. Belkacem, R. Samadi, and D. Valls-Gabaud, Eds., pp. 653–658, 2011.
- E. J. Copeland, A. Padilla, and P. M. Saffin, “The cosmology of the Fab-Four,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.3373.