- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Astronomy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 691408, 11 pages
Thirty-Year Periodicity of Cosmic Rays
1Instituto de Geofísica, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, C.U., 04510 Coyoacán, DF, Mexico
2International Academy for Appraisal and Consulting (MAOK), Moscow, Russia
3IZMIRAN, Academy of Sciences of Russia, Troitsk, Moscow 142092, Russia
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editor: Karel Kudela
Copyright © 2012 Jorge Pérez-Peraza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. I. Dorman, Cosmic Ray Variations and Space Exploration, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1974.
- V. L. Gorshkov, in Proceedings of the 8th Congress of Astronomical Community and International Symposium ‘Astronomy 2005—Status and Prospects of Development’, MSU-GAISH, Moscow, Russia, June 2005.
- A. N. Pushkov and T. A. Chernova, Features of Spatial and Temporal Structure of the Secular Variation of the Geomagnetic Field, vol. 18, IZMIRAN, Moscow, Russia, 1972.
- Papitashvili, N. E. Papitashvili, N. M. Rotanova, and A. N. Pushkov, Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, vol. 20, pp. 711–717, 1980.
- N. V. Papitashvili and N. M. Rotanova, Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1010–1015, 1982.
- V. P. Golovkov, S. V. Yakovleva, and T. I. Zvereva, “Detection of fast secular variations based on the data of satellite magnetic surveys,” Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 274–277, 2010.
- H. S. Ahluwalia, “Three activity cycle periodicity in galactic cosmic rays,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Cosmic Ray Conference, vol. 2, pp. 109–112, Durban, South Africa, 1997.
- H. S. Ahluwalia, “Meandering path to solar activity forecast for cycle 23,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Solar Wind Conference, M. Velli, R. Bruno, and F. Malra, Eds., vol. CP679, The American Institute of Physics, 2003.
- H. S. Ahluwalia, “The predicted size of cycle 23 based on the inferred three-cycle quasi-periodicity of the planetary index Ap,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 103, no. A6, pp. 12, 103–12, 112, 1998.
- H. S. Ahluwalia, “Timelines of cosmic ray intensity, Ap, IMF, and sunspot numbers since 1937,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 116, Article ID A12106, 9 pages, 2011.
- L. B. Klyashtorin and A. A. Lyubushin, Cyclic Climate Changes and Fish Productivity, VNIRO Publishing, 2005.
- I. Libin and J. Perez-Peraza, Helioclimatology, MAOK, Moscow, Russia, 2009.
- S. T. Gray, L. J. Graumlich, J. L. Betancourt, and G. T. Pederson, “A tree-ring based reconstruction of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation since 1567 A.D,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 31, no. 12, Article ID L12205, 4 pages, 2004.
- J. Pérez-Peraza, V. Velasco, and S. Kavlakov, “Solar, geomagnetic and cosmic ray intensity changes, preceding the cyclone appearances around Mexico,” Advances in Space Research, vol. 42, pp. 1601–1613, 2008.
- K. Kudela, H. Mavromichalaki, A. Papaioannou, and M. Gerontidou, “On mid-term periodicities in cosmic rays,” Solar Physics, vol. 266, pp. 173–180, 2010.
- V. M. Velasco and B. Mendoza, “Assessing the relationship between solar activity and some large scale climatic phenomena,” Advances in Space Research, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 866–878, 2008.
- V. Velasco, J. F. Valdés-Galicia, and B. Mendoza, “The 120-year solar cycle of the cosmogenic isotopes,” in Proceedings of the 30th International Cosmic Ray Conference, vol. 1, pp. 553–556, 2008.
- J. Pérez-Peraza, V. Velasco, J. Zapotitla, L. I. Miroshnichenko, E. Vashenuyk, and I. Ya Libin, “Classification of GLE's as a function of their spectral content for prognostic goals,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Cosmic Ray Conference, pp. 149–152, Beiging, China, 2011.
- M. Fligge, S. K. Solanki, and J. Beer, “Determination of solar cycle length variations using continuous wavelet transform,” Astronomy & Astrophysics, vol. 346, pp. 313–321, 1999.
- M. Ossendrijver, “The solar dynamo,” The Astronomy and Astrophysics Review, vol. 11, pp. 287–367, 2003.
- J. Beer, A. Blinov, G. Bonani, et al., “Use of 10Be in polar ice to trace the 11-year cycle of solar activity,” Nature, vol. 347, pp. 164–166, 1990.
- A. M. Berggren, J. Beer, G. Possnert et al., “A 600-year annual 10Be record from the NGRIP ice core, Greenland,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 36, no. 11, Article ID L11801, 5 pages, 2009.
- E. Bard, G. Raisbeck, F. Yiou, and J. Jouzel, “Solar irradiance during the last 1200 years based on cosmogenic nuclides,” Tellus B, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 985–992, 2000.
- L. Hudgins, C. A. Friehe, and M. E. Mayer, “Wavelet transforms and atmopsheric turbulence,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 71, pp. 3279–3282, 1993.
- C. Torrence and G. Compo, “A practical guide to wavelet analysis,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 79, pp. 61–78, 1998.
- A. Grinsted, J. C. Moore, and S. Jevrejeva, “Application of the cross wavelet transform and wavelet coherence to geophysical time series,” Nonlinear Process Geophysics, vol. 11, pp. 561–566, 2004.
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelet, Society For Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1992, Edited by: Rulgers University and AT&T Bell Laboratories.
- K. Kudela, “Space weather near Earth and energetic particles: selected results,” Journal of Physics. In press.
- Y. I. Stozhkov, N. S. Svirzhevsky, G. A. Bazilevskaya, et al., “Fluxes of Cosmic rays in the maximum of absorption curve in the atmosphere and at the atmosphere boundary (1957–2007),” preprint FIAN, 14, 2007.
- Y. I. Stozhkov, N. S. Svirzhevsky, G. A. Bazilevskaya, et al., “Cosmic rays in the stratosphere in 2008–2010,” Astrophysics and Space Sciences Transactions, vol. 7, pp. 379–382, 2011.
- I. G. Usoskin, G. A. Bazilevskaya, and G. A. Kovaltsov, “Solar modulation parameter for cosmic rays since 1936 reconstructed from ground-based neutron monitors and ionization chambers,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 116, Article ID A02104, 9 pages, 2011.
- J. Pérez-Peraza, V. Velasco, and S. Kavlakov, “Wavelet coherence analysis of Atlantic hurricanes and cosmic rays,” Geofísica Internacional, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 231–244, 2008.