- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 82602, 9 pages
Theorem on the union of two topologically flat cells of codimension 1 in
Institute of the Information Transmission Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Bolshoy Karetny per. 19, Moscow 117 447, Russia
Received 26 June 2005; Accepted 1 July 2005
Copyright © 2006 A. V. Chernavsky. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Cantrell, “Separation of the -sphere by an -sphere,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 108, pp. 185–194, 1963.
- A. V. Chernavsky, “Isotopy of elements and spheres in -dimensional space with ,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 62–65, 1964 (Russian).
- A. V. Chernavsky, “Homeomorphisms of Euclidean space and topological imbeddings of polyhedra in Euclidean spaces. III,” Mathematics in USSR Sbornik, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 264–295, 1968.
- A. V. Chernavsky, “The -stability of homeomorphisms and the union of cells,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 180, no. 3, pp. 1045–1047, 1968 (Russian).
- R. H. Fox and E. Artin, “Some wild cells and spheres in three-dimensional space,” Annals of Mathematics. Second Series, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 979–990, 1948.
- L. V. Keldyš, “Topological imbeddings into Euclidean space,” Trudy Matematicheskogo Instituta Imeni V. A. Steklova, vol. 81, p. 184, 1966 (Russian).
- R. C. Kirby, “The union of flat -balls is flat in ,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 74, pp. 614–617, 1968.
- A. B. Sosinskiĭ, “Imbedding of a -dimensional element in ,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 139, no. 6, pp. 1311–1313, 1961 (Russian).