- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 98081, 16 pages
Surgery and the relative index in elliptic theory
1Institute for Problems in Mechanics, Russian Academy of Sciences, pr-t Vernadskogo 101-1, Moscow 119526, Russia
2Independent University of Moscow, Bolshoy Vlasyevskiy Pereulok 11, Moscow 119002, Russia
Received 26 June 2005; Accepted 1 July 2005
Copyright © 2006 V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Agranovich, “Elliptic boundary problems,” in Partial Differential Equations, IX, vol. 79 of Encyclopaedia Math. Sci., pp. 1–144, 275–281, Springer, Berlin, 1997.
- M. S. Agranovich and A. S. Dynin, “General boundary-value problems for elliptic systems in higher-dimensional regions,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 146, pp. 511–514, 1962.
- N. Anghel, “An abstract index theorem on noncompact Riemannian manifolds,” Houston Journal of Mathematics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 223–237, 1993.
- M. F. Atiyah, “Global theory of elliptic operators,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Functional Analysis, pp. 21–30, University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, 1969.
- M. F. Atiyah and R. Bott, “The index problem for manifolds with boundary,” in Differential Analysis, Bombay Colloquium, pp. 175–186, Oxford University Press, London, 1964.
- Yu. V. Egorov and B.-W. Schulze, Pseudo-differential operators, singularities, applications, vol. 93 of Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1997.
- C. Epstein and R. Melrose, “Contact degree and the index of Fourier integral operators,” Mathematical Research Letters, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 363–381, 1998.
- M. Gromov and H. B. Lawson, Jr., “Positive scalar curvature and the Dirac operator on complete Riemannian manifolds,” Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques. Publications Mathématiques, vol. 58, pp. 83–196 (1984), 1983.
- E. Leichtnam, R. Nest, and B. Tsygan, “Local formula for the index of a Fourier integral operator,” Journal of Differential Geometry, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 269–300, 2001.
- V. P. Maslov, Théorie des Perturbations et Méthod Asymptotiques, Dunod, Paris, 1972, French translation from the Russian 1965 edition.
- R. B. Melrose, “Transformation of boundary problems,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 147, no. 3-4, pp. 149–236, 1981.
- A. S. Mishchenko, V. E. Shatalov, and B. Yu. Sternin, Lagrangian Manifolds and the Maslov Operator, Springer Series in Soviet Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, 1990.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii, A. Savin, B.-W. Schulze, and B. Yu. Sternin, Elliptic Theory on Singular Manifolds, CRC-Press, Florida, 2005.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin, “Localization and surgery in index theory of elliptic operators,” in Conference: Operator Algebras and Asymptotics on Manifolds with Singularities, pp. 27–28, Stefan Banach International Mathematical Center, Universität Potsdam, Institut für Mathematik, Warsaw, 1999.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin, “A remark on elliptic theory on manifolds with isolated singularities,” Rossiĭskaya Akademiya Nauk. Doklady Akademii Nauk, vol. 374, no. 5, pp. 606–610, 2000.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin, “Localization and surgery in the index theory to elliptic operators,” Russian Mathematics. Doklady, vol. 370, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2000.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin, “On the local index principle in elliptic theory,” Functional Analysis and Its Applications, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 111–123, 2001.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii and B. Yu. Sternin, “Surgery and the relative index in elliptic theory,” University of Potsdam, Institut für Mathematik, preprint N 99/17, Juli 1999.
- B.-W. Schulze, B. Yu. Sternin, and V. E. Shatalov, “On the index of differential operators on manifolds with conical singularities,” Annals of Global Analysis and Geometry, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 141–172, 1998.
- A. Weinstein, “Fourier integral operators, quantization, and the spectra of Riemannian manifolds,” in Géométrie symplectique et physique mathématique (Colloq. Internat. CNRS, No. 237, Aix-en-Provence, 1974), pp. 289–298, Éditions Centre Nat. Recherche Sci., Paris, 1975.
- A. Weinstein, “Some questions about the index of quantized contact transformations,” Sūrikaisekikenkyūsho Kōkyūroku, no. 1014, pp. 1–14, 1997.