- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 143914, 16 pages
Multiple Solutions for a Fractional Difference Boundary Value Problem via Variational Approach
1School of Economics and International Trade, Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310018, China
2Department of Mathematics, Yanbian University, Yanji 133002, China
Received 28 April 2012; Revised 5 November 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Lishan Liu
Copyright © 2012 Zuoshi Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. S. Cheng, “Sturmian comparison theorems for three-term recurrence equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 465–474, 1985.
- O. P. Agrawal, J. Gregory, and K. Pericak-Spector, “A Bliss-type multiplier rule for constrained variational problems with time delay,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 702–711, 1997.
- J. N. Reddy, Energy and Variational Methods in Applied Mechanics: With an Introduction to the Finite Element Method, John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Formulation of Euler-Lagrange equations for fractional variational problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 272, no. 1, pp. 368–379, 2002.
- B. Gompertz, “On the nature of the function expressive of the law of human mortality, and on a new mode of determining the value of life contingencies,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, vol. 115, pp. 513–585, 1825.
- D. J. Guo and V. Lakshmikantham, Nonlinear Problems in Abstract Cones, vol. 5, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1988.
- H. Brezis and L. Nirenberg, “Remarks on finding critical points,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 44, no. 8-9, pp. 939–963, 1991.
- P. H. Rabinowitz, Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, vol. 65 of CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1986.
- D. Goeleven, D. Motreanu, and P. D. Panagiotopoulos, “Multiple solutions for a class of eigenvalue problems in hemivariational inequalities,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 9–26, 1997.
- G. Q. Wang and S. S. Cheng, “Steady state solutions of a toroidal neural network via a mountain pass theorem,” Annals of Differential Equations, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 360–363, 2006.
- H. H. Liang and P. X. Weng, “Existence and multiple solutions for a second-order difference boundary value problem via critical point theory,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 326, no. 1, pp. 511–520, 2007.
- F. M. Atici and P. W. Eloe, “A transform method in discrete fractional calculus,” International Journal of Difference Equations, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 165–176, 2007.
- C. S. Goodrich, “Solutions to a discrete right-focal fractional boundary value problem,” International Journal of Difference Equations, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 195–216, 2010.
- F. M. Atici and P. W. Eloe, “Two-point boundary value problems for finite fractional difference equations,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 445–456, 2011.
- F. M. Atici and P. W. Eloe, “Discrete fractional calculus with the nabla operator,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations Edition I, no. 3, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- F. M. Atici and S. Şengül, “Modeling with fractional difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 369, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- S. S. Cheng, Partial Difference Equations, vol. 3 of Advances in Discrete Mathematics and Applications, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 2003.
- F. Ayres Jr, Schaum's Outline of Theory and problems of Matrices, Schaum, New York, NY, USA, 1962.