- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 158126, 14 pages
The Local Strong and Weak Solutions for a Generalized Novikov Equation
Department of Applied Mathematics, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu 610074, China
Received 8 December 2011; Accepted 13 January 2012
Academic Editor: Shaoyong Lai
Copyright © 2012 Meng Wu and Yue Zhong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Novikov, “Generalizations of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 42, no. 34, pp. 342002–342014, 2009.
- A. N. W. Hone and J. P. Wang, “Integrable peakon equations with cubic nonlinearity,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 41, no. 37, pp. 372002–372010, 2008.
- A. N. W. Hone, H. Lundmark, and J. Szmigielski, “Explicit multipeakon solutions of Novikov's cubically nonlinear integrable Camassa-Holm type equation,” Dynamics of Partial Differential Equations, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 253–289, 2009.
- A. Constantin and D. Lannes, “The hydrodynamical relevance of the Camassa-Holm and Degasperis-Procesi equations,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 165–186, 2009.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Particle trajectories in solitary water waves,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 423–431, 2007.
- Z. Guo and Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking and persistence properties for the dispersive rod equation,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 2567–2580, 2009.
- S. Lai and Y. Wu, “The local well-posedness and existence of weak solutions for a generalized Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 248, no. 8, pp. 2038–2063, 2010.
- Y. A. Li and P. J. Olver, “Well-posedness and blow-up solutions for an integrable nonlinearly dispersive model wave equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 27–63, 2000.
- Y. Zhou, “Blow-up of solutions to the DGH equation,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 227–248, 2007.
- Y. Zhou, “Blow-up of solutions to a nonlinear dispersive rod equation,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 63–77, 2006.
- L. Ni and Y. Zhou, “Well-posedness and persistence properties for the Novikov equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 250, no. 7, pp. 3002–3021, 2011.
- F. Tiglay, “The periodic Cauchy problem for Novikov’s equation,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1009.1820/.
- S. Wu and Z. Yin, “Global existence and blow-up phenomena for the weakly dissipative Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 246, no. 11, pp. 4309–4321, 2009.
- T. Kato, “Quasi-linear equations of evolution, with applications to partial differential equations,” in Spectral Theory and Differential Equations, Lecture notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1975.
- T. Kato and G. Ponce, “Commutator estimates and the Euler and Navier-Stokes equations,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 891–907, 1988.