- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 185948, 19 pages
On the Sets of Convergence for Sequences of the -Bernstein Polynomials with
Department of Mathematics, Atilim University, Incek, 06836 Ankara, Turkey
Received 27 March 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editor: Ngai-Ching Wong
Copyright © 2012 Sofiya Ostrovska and Ahmet Yaşar Özban. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. E. Andrews, R. Askey, and R. Roy, Special Functions, vol. 71, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.
- S. Ostrovska, “The first decade of the -Bernstein polynomials: results and perspectives,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Approximation Theory, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 35–51, 2007.
- N. Mahmudov, “The moments of -Bernstein operators in the case ,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 439–450, 2010.
- M. Popov, “Narrow operators (a survey),” in Function Spaces IX, vol. 92, pp. 299–326, Banach Center Publications, 2011.
- P. Sabancıgil, “Higher order generalization of -Bernstein operators,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 821–827, 2010.
- H. Wang, “Properties of convergence for -Bernstein polynomials,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 340, no. 2, pp. 1096–1108, 2008.
- Z. Wu, “The saturation of convergence on the interval for the -Bernstein polynomials in the case ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 137–141, 2009.
- X.-M. Zeng, D. Lin, and L. Li, “A note on approximation properties of -Durrmeyer operators,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 3, pp. 819–821, 2010.
- C. A. Charalambides, “The -Bernstein basis as a -binomial distribution,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 140, no. 8, pp. 2184–2190, 2010.
- S. C. Jing, “The -deformed binomial distribution and its asymptotic behaviour,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 493–499, 1994.
- I. Ya. Novikov and S. B. Stechkin, “Fundamentals of wavelet theory,” Russian Mathematical Surveys, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 53–128, 1998.
- M. I. Ostrovskiĭ, “Regularizability of inverse linear operators in Banach spaces with a basis,” Siberian Mathematical Journal, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 470–476, 1992.
- V. S. Videnskii, “On some classes of -parametric positive linear operators,” in Selected Topics in Complex Analysis, vol. 158, pp. 213–222, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2005.
- A. Il'inskii and S. Ostrovska, “Convergence of generalized Bernstein polynomials,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 100–112, 2002.
- S. Ostrovska, “-Bernstein polynomials and their iterates,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 232–255, 2003.
- S. Ostrovska and A. Y. Özban, “The norm estimates of the -Bernstein operators for varying ,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 4758–4771, 2011.
- S. Ostrovska, “On the approximation of analytic functions by the -Bernstein polynomials in the case ,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 37, pp. 105–112, 2010.
- I. J. Schoenberg, “On polynomial interpolation at the points of a geometric progression,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 195–207, 1981.
- A. Pinkus, “Weierstrass and approximation theory,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 1–66, 2000.
- G. G. Lorentz, Bernstein Polynomials, Chelsea, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1986.
- S. Cooper and S. Waldron, “The eigenstructure of the Bernstein operator,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 133–165, 2000.
- R. A. DeVore and G. G. Lorentz, Constructive Aapproximation, vol. 303, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1993.