- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 190862, 11 pages
Common Fixed Point Results for Four Mappings on Partial Metric Spaces
1Faculty of Science and Arts, University of Amasya, Amasya, Turkey
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Gazi, Teknikokullar, 06500 Ankara, Turkey
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Arts, University of Artvin Coruh, Seyitler Yerleskesi, 08000 Artvin, Turkey
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 8 June 2012; Accepted 7 September 2012
Academic Editor: Paul Eloe
Copyright © 2012 A. Duran Turkoglu and Vildan Ozturk. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Matthews, “Partial Metric topology,” in Proceedings of the 8th Summer Conference at Queens College, S. Andima, Ed., vol. 728 of Papers on General Topology and Applications, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, pp. 183–197, 1992.
- S. G. Matthews, “Partial metric topology,” Research Report 212, Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, 1992.
- T. Abdeljawad, “Fixed points for generalized weakly contractive mappings in partial metric spaces,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, no. 11-12, pp. 2923–2927, 2011.
- I. Altun and A. Erduran, “Fixed point theorems for monotone mappings on partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, Article ID 508730, 10 pages, 2011.
- I. Altun, F. Sola, and H. Simsek, “Generalized contractions on partial metric spaces,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 157, no. 18, pp. 2778–2785, 2010.
- H. Aydi and and E. Karapinar, “A Meir-Keeler common type fixed point theo-rem on partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, Article ID 26, 10 pages, 2012.
- L. Ćirić, M. Abbas, R. Saadati, and N. Hussain, “Common fixed points of almost generalized contractive mappings in ordered metric spaces,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 12, pp. 5784–5789, 2011.
- K. P. Chi, E. Karapinar, and T. D. Thanh, “A generalized contraction prin-ciple in partial metric spaces,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, pp. 1673–1681, 2012.
- D. Ilić, V. Pavlović, and V. Rakočević, “Some new extensions of Banach's contraction principle to partial metric space,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1326–1330, 2011.
- E. Karapinar, “Generalizations of Caristi Kirk's theorem on partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, article 4, 2011.
- E. Karapınar and U. Yüksel, “Some common fixed point theorems in partial metric spaces,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 263621, 16 pages, 2011.
- S. Oltra and O. Valero, “Banach's fixed point theorem for partial metric spaces,” Rendiconti dell'Istituto di Matematica dell'Università di Trieste, vol. 36, no. 1-2, pp. 17–26, 2004.
- S. Romaguera, “Fixed point theorems for generalized contractions on partial metric spaces,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 194–199, 2012.
- I. A. Rus, “Fixed point theory in partial metric spaces,” Analele Universitattii de Vest, Timitsoara, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 149–160, 2008.
- O. Valero, “On Banach fixed point theorems for partial metric spaces,” Applied General Topology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 229–240, 2005.
- R. Kannan, “Some results on fixed points,” Bulletin of the Calcutta Mathematical Society, vol. 60, pp. 71–76, 1968.
- S. Sessa, “On a weak commutativity condition of mappings in fixed point considerations,” Institut Mathématique. Publications, vol. 32, no. 46, pp. 149–153, 1982.
- G. Jungck, “Common fixed points for commuting and compatible maps on compacta,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 977–983, 1988.
- G. Jungck, “Common fixed points for noncontinuous nonself maps on nonmetric spaces,” Far East Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 199–215, 1996.
- V. Berinde, “Approximating fixed points of weak contractions using the Picard iteration,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 43–53, 2004.
- V. Berinde, “General constructive fixed point theorems for Ćirić-type almost contractions in metric spaces,” Carpathian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 10–19, 2008.
- V. Berinde and M. Păcurar, “Fixed points and continuity of almost contractions,” Fixed Point Theory, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 23–34, 2008.
- G. V. R. Babu, M. L. Sandhya, and M. V. R. Kameswari, “A note on a fixed point theorem of Berinde on weak contractions,” Carpathian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2008.
- M. Abbas and D. Ilić, “Common fixed points of generalized almost nonexpansive mappings,” Filomat, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 11–18, 2010.
- I. Altun and O. Acar, “Fixed point theorems for weak contractions in the sense of Berinde on partial metric spaces,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 159, no. 10-11, pp. 2642–2648, 2012.
- A. Aghajani, S. Radenović, and J. R. Roshan, “Common fixed point results for four mappings satisfying almost generalized (S,T)-contractive condition in partially ordered metric spaces,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 9, pp. 5665–5670, 2012.