- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 205391, 25 pages
Solving Singular Two-Point Boundary Value Problems Using Continuous Genetic Algorithm
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Al Balqa Applied University, Salt 19117, Jordan
2Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, The University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
Received 3 July 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Svatoslav Staněk
Copyright © 2012 Omar Abu Arqub et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Çaǧlar, N. Çaǧlar, and M. Özer, “B-spline solution of non-linear singular boundary value problems arising in physiology,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 1232–1237, 2009.
- P. Hiltman and P. Lory, “On oxygen diffusion in a spherical cell with Michaelis-Menten oxygen uptake kinetics,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 661–664, 1983.
- S. Chandrasekhar, Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- U. M. Ascher, R. M. M. Mattheij, and R. D. Russell, Numerical Solution of Boundary Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations, vol. 13 of Classics in Applied Mathematics, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1995.
- P. Jamet, “On the convergence of finite-difference approximations to one-dimensional singular boundary-value problems,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 14, pp. 355–378, 1969/1970.
- R. K. Mohanty, “A family of variable mesh methods for the estimates of (du/dr) and solution of non-linear two-point boundary-value problems with singularity,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 173–187, 2005.
- A. S. Bataineh, M. S. M. Noorani, and I. Hashim, “Approximate solutions of singular two-point BVPs by modified homotopy analysis method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, pp. 4062–4066, 2008.
- A. S. V. Ravi Kanth and Y. N. Reddy, “Higher order finite difference method for a class of singular boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 155, no. 1, pp. 249–258, 2004.
- A. S. V. Ravi Kanth and Y. N. Reddy, “Cubic spline for a class of singular two-point boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 733–740, 2005.
- R. K. Mohanty, P. L. Sachdev, and N. Jha, “An accurate cubic spline TAGE method for nonlinear singular two point boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 853–868, 2004.
- M. Cui and F. Geng, “Solving singular two-point boundary value problem in reproducing kernel space,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 6–15, 2007.
- C. Chun, A. Ebaid, M. Y. Lee, and E. Aly, “An approach for solving singular two-point boundary value problems: analytical and numerical treatment,” ANZIAM Journal, vol. 53, pp. E21–E43, 2011.
- M. Kumar and N. Singh, “A collection of computational techniques for solving singular boundary-value problems,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 288–297, 2009.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, Advanced continuous genetic algorithms and their applications in the motion planning of robotic manipulators and the numerical solution of boundary value problems [Ph.D. thesis], Quiad-Azam University, 2002.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, N. M. Mirza, S. M. Mirza, and M. Arif, “Cartesian path generation of robot manipulators using continuous genetic algorithms,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 179–223, 2002.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, “A novel continuous genetic algorithms for the solution of the cartesian path generation problem of robot manipulators,” in Robot Manipulators: New Research, J. X. Lui, Ed., pp. 133–190, Nova Science, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, M. Yusuf, N. M. Mirza, S. M. Mirza, M. Arif, and J. Khurshid, “Numerical solution of second-order, two-point boundary value problems using continuous genetic algorithms,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1219–1242, 2004.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, A. G. Asasfeh, A. M. Al-Smadi, and O. M. K. Alsmadi, “A novel continuous genetic algorithm for the solution of optimal control problems,” Optimal Control Applications and Methods, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 414–432, 2011.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, O. Alsmadi, S. I. Bataineh, M. A. Al-Omari, and N. Affach, “Continuous genetic algorithms for collision-free cartesian path planning of robot manipulators,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 8, pp. 14–36, 2011.
- Z. S. Abo-Hammour, R. B. Albadarneh, and M. S. Saraireh, “Solution of Laplace equation using continuous genetic algorithms,” Kuwait Journal of Science & Engineering, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 1–15, 2010.
- O. Abu Arqub, Z. Abo-Hammour, and S. Momani, “Application of continuous genetic algorithm for nonlinear system of second-order boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences. In press.
- O. Abu Arqub, Numerical solution of fuzzy differential equation using continuous genetic algorithms [Ph. D. thesis], University of Jordan, 2008.
- J. Li, “General explicit difference formulas for numerical differentiation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 29–52, 2005.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- U. Hörchner and J. H. Kalivas, “Further investigation on a comparative study of simulated annealing and genetic algorithm for wavelength selection,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 311, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 1995.
- J. H. Jiang, J. H. Wang, X. Chu, and R. Q. Yu, “Clustering data using a modified integer genetic algorithm (IGA),” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 354, no. 1–3, pp. 263–274, 1997.
- E. M. Rudnick, J. H. Patel, G. S. Greenstein, and T. M. Niermann, “A genetic algorithm framework for test generation,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1034–1044, 1997.
- J. R. Vanzandt, “A genetic algorithm for search route planning,” ESD TR-92-262, United States Air Force, 1992.