- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 212957, 8 pages
A New Class of Banach Spaces and Its Relation with Some Geometric Properties of Banach Spaces
Department of Mathematics, Yazd University, Yazd 89195-741, Iran
Received 29 December 2011; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editor: Saminathan Ponnusamy
Copyright © 2012 M. Salimi and S. M. Moshtaghioun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Borwein, M. Fabian, and J. Vanderwerff, “Characterizations of Banach spaces via convex and other locally Lipschitz functions,” Acta Mathematica Vietnamica, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 53–69, 1997.
- E. Bator, P. Lewis, and J. Ochoa, “Evaluation maps, restriction maps, and compactness,” Colloquium Mathematicum, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1998.
- G. Emmanuele, “On Banach spaces with the Gelfand-Phillips property, III,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 327–333, 1993.
- G. Emmanuele, “On the reciprocal Dunford-Pettis property in projective tensor products,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 161–166, 1991.
- I. Ghenciu and P. Lewis, “Dunford-Pettis properties and spaces of operators,” Canadian Mathematical Bulletin, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 213–223, 2009.
- I. Ghenciu and P. Lewis, “The Dunford-Pettis property, the Gelfand-Phillips property, and L-sets,” Colloquium Mathematicum, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 311–324, 2006.
- M. Salimi and S. M. Moshtaghioun, “The Gelfand-Phillips property in closed subspaces of some operator spaces,” Banach Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 84–92, 2011.
- J. Diestel, Sequences and Series in Banach Spaces, vol. 92 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- R. E. Megginson, An Introduction to Banach Space Theory, vol. 183 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- L. Drewnowski, “On Banach spaces with the Gelfand-Phillips property,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 193, no. 3, pp. 405–411, 1986.
- M. Bahreini Esfahani, Complemented subspaces of bounded linear operators, Ph.D. thesis, University of North Texas, 2003.
- C. P. Niculescu, “Weak compactness in Banach lattices,” Journal of Operator Theory, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 217–231, 1981.
- P. Cembranos, “C(K,E) contains a complemented copy of c0,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 556–558, 1984.
- N. J. Kalton, “Spaces of compact operators,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 208, pp. 267–278, 1974.