- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 214897, 12 pages
Nonlinear Numerical Investigation on Higher Harmonics at Lee Side of a Submerged Bar
1State Key Laboratory of Coastal and Offshore Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
2Waterway and Sediment Engineering Key Laboratory of Ministry of Transport, Nanjing Hydraulic Research Insititute, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 1 January 2012; Accepted 25 January 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 D. Ning et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Beji and J. A. Battjes, “Experimental investigation of wave propagation over a bar,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 151–162, 1993.
- H. R. Luth, R. Klopman, and N. Kitou, “Kinematics of waves breaking partially on an offshore bar; LDV measurements of waves with and without a net onshore current,” Tech. Rep. H-1573, Delft Hydraulics, 1994.
- D. S. Jeng, C. Schacht, and C. Lemckert, “Experimental study on ocean waves propagating over a submerged breakwater in front of a vertical seawall,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 32, no. 17-18, pp. 2231–2240, 2005.
- Y. S. Cho, J. I. Lee, and Y. T. Kim, “Experimental study of strong reflection of regular water waves over submerged breakwaters in tandem,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1325–1335, 2004.
- C. Rambabu and J. S. Mani, “Numerical prediction of performance of submerged breakwaters,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1235–1246, 2005.
- P. A. Madsen, R. Murray, and O. R. Sφrensen, “A new form of Boussinesq equaitons with improved linear dispersion characteristics,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 371–388, 1991.
- P. A. Madsen and O. R. Sφrensen, “Bound waves and triad interactions in shallow water,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 359–388, 1993.
- A. P. Engsig-Karup, J. S. Hesthaven, H. B. Bingham, and T. Warburton, “DG-FEM solution for nonlinear wave-structure interaction using Boussinesq-type equations,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 197–208, 2008.
- K. Z. Fang and Z. L. Zou, “Boussinesq-type equations for nonlinear evolution of wave trains,” Wave Motion, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 12–32, 2010.
- J. Grue, “Nonlinear water waves at a submerged obstacle or bottom topography,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 244, pp. 455–476, 1992.
- J. Brossard and M. Chagdali, “Experimental investigation of the harmonic generation by waves over a submerged plate,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 277–290, 2001.
- C. R. Liu, Z. H. Huang, and S. K. Tan, “Nonlinear scattering of non-breaking waves by a submerged horizontal plate: experiments and simulations,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 36, no. 17-18, pp. 1332–1345, 2009.
- D. Z. Ning, B. Teng, R. Eatock Taylor, and J. Zang, “Nonlinear numerical simulation of regular and focused waves in an infinite water depth,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 35, no. 8-9, pp. 887–899, 2008.
- M. Brorsen and J. Larsen, “Source generation of nonlinear gravity waves with the boundary integral equation method,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 93–113, 1987.
- J. N. Newman, “The approximation of free-surface Green functions,” in Wave Asymptotics, P. A. Martin and G. R. Whickham, Eds., pp. 107–142, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1992.
- B. Teng, Y. Gou, and D. Z. Ning, “A higher order BEM for wave-current action on structures—direct computation of free-term coefficient and CPV integrals,” China Ocean Engineering, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 395–410, 2006.
- D. Z. Ning and B. Teng, “Numerical simulation of fully nonlinear irregular wave tank in three dimension,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 1847–1862, 2007.