- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 239052, 13 pages
Computational Modelling of Thermal Stability in a Reactive Slab with Reactant Consumption
Institute for Advance Research in Mathematical Modelling and Computations, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, P.O. Box 1906, Bellville 7535, South Africa
Received 10 February 2012; Accepted 10 March 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 O. D. Makinde. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. C. Bowes, Self-Heating: Evaluating and Controlling the Hazard, Elsevier Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1984.
- D. A. F. Kamenetskii, Diffusion and Heat Transfer in Chemical Kinetics, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- N. N. Semenov, Some Problems in Chemical kinetics and Reactivity, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1956.
- J. Warnatz, U. Maas, and R. Dibble, Combustion: Physical and Chemical Fundamentals, Modeling and Simulation, Experiments, Pollutant Formation, Springer, Berlin, Germany; GmbH and Co. K, Heidelberg, Germany, 2001.
- M. B. Zaturska and W. H. H. Banks, “Thermal explosion for a slab with spatially varying surface temperature,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 910–918, 1986.
- J. Bebernes and D. Eberly, Mathematical Problems from Combustion Theory, vol. 83, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- O. D. Makinde, “Exothermic explosions in a slab: a case study of series summation technique,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 1227–1231, 2004.
- M. Berzins and J. M. Ware, “Solving convection and convection-reaction problems using the method of lines,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 83–99, 1996.
- O. D. Makinde, “Thermal ignition in a reactive viscous flow through a channel filled with a porous medium,” Transactions of ASME—Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 601–604, 2006.
- G. A. Baker and P. Graves-Morris, Padé Approximants, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1996.
- O. D. Makinde, “Solving microwave heating model in a slab using Hermite-Pad approximation technique,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 599–603, 2007.
- M. M. Vainberg and V. A. Trenogin, Theory of Branching of Solutions of Nonlinear Equations, Wolters-Noordhoff, Leiden, The Netherlands, 1974.