- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 263893, 8 pages
Attracting Periodic Cycles for an Optimal Fourth-Order Nonlinear Solver
Department of Mathematics, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440-746, Republic of Korea
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editor: Khalida Inayat Noor
Copyright © 2012 Mi Young Lee and Changbum Chun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Chun, M. Y. Lee, B. Neta, and J. Džunić, “On optimal fourth-order iterative methods free from second derivative and their dynamics,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 11, pp. 6427–6438, 2012.
- H. T. Kung and J. F. Traub, “Optimal order of one-point and multipoint iteration,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 21, pp. 643–651, 1974.
- S. Amat, S. Busquier, and S. Plaza, “A construction of attracting periodic orbits for some classical third-order iterative methods,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 189, no. 1-2, pp. 22–33, 2006.
- J. Milnor, Dynamics in One Complex Variable, vol. 160 of Annals of Mathematics Studies, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.
- S. Amat, S. Busquier, and S. Plaza, “Iterative root-finding methods,” Unpublished Report, 2004.