- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 294694, 21 pages
Uniqueness and Asymptotic Behavior of Positive Solutions for a Fractional-Order Integral Boundary Value Problem
Communication Research Center, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150080, China
Received 18 July 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: Xinguang Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Min Jia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. T. Hartley, C. F. Lorenzo, and H. K. Qammer, “Chaos in a fractional order Chua's system,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 485–490, 1995.
- S. M. Caputo, “Free modes splitting and alterations of electrochemically polarizable media,” Rendiconti Lincei, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 89–98, 1993.
- T. J. Anastasio, “The fractional-order dynamics of brainstem vestibulo-oculomotor neurons,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 69–79, 1994.
- R. A. Khan, “The generalized method of quasilinearization and nonlinear boundary value problems with integral boundary conditions,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 19, pp. 1–15, 2003.
- J. M. Gallardo, “Second-order differential operators with integral boundary conditions and generation of analytic semigroups,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1265–1291, 2000.
- G. L. Karakostas and P. Ch. Tsamatos, “Multiple positive solutions of some Fredholm integral equations arisen from nonlocal boundary-value problems,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 30, pp. 1–17, 2002.
- B. Ahmad, S. K. Ntouyas, and A. Alsaedi, “New existence results for nonlinear fractional differential equations with three-point integral boundary conditions,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2011, Article ID 107384, 11 pages, 2011.
- M. Feng, X. Liu, and H. Feng, “The existence of positive solution to a nonlinear fractional differential equation with integral boundary conditions,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2011, Article ID 546038, 14 pages, 2011.
- C. Corduneanu, Integral Equations and Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, Infinite Interval Problems for Differential, Difference and Integral Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.
- R. Ma and N. Castaneda, “Existence of solutions of nonlinear -point boundary-value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 256, no. 2, pp. 556–567, 2001.
- P. W. Eloe and B. Ahmad, “Positive solutions of a nonlinear th order boundary value problem with nonlocal conditions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 521–527, 2005.
- X. Hao, L. Liu, Y. Wu, and Q. Sun, “Positive solutions for nonlinear th-order singular eigenvalue problem with nonlocal conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1653–1662, 2010.
- C. Yuan, “Multiple positive solutions for -type semipositone conjugate boundary value problems of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, no. 36, pp. 1–12, 2010.
- S. Zhang, “Positive solutions to singular boundary value problem for nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1300–1309, 2010.
- X. Zhang and Y. Han, “Existence and uniqueness of positive solutions for higher order nonlocal fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 555–560, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “The eigenvalue problem for a singular higher order fractional differential equation involving fractional derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 17, pp. 8526–8536, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, B. Wiwatanapataphee, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions of eigenvalue problems for a class of fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 512127, 16 pages, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Multiple positive solutions of a singular fractional differential equation with negatively perturbed term,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 1263–1274, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Existence results for multiple positive solutions of nonlinear higher order perturbed fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation. In press.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, Ny, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- J. R. L. Webb and G. Infante, “Non-local boundary value problems of arbitrary order,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 238–258, 2009.