- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 308326, 8 pages
Application of Bifurcation Method to the Generalized Zakharov Equations
Department of Mathematics, Yuxi Normal University, Yuxi 653100, China
Received 22 September 2012; Revised 12 October 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Irena Lasiecka
Copyright © 2012 Ming Song. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. E. Zakharov, “Collapse of Langmuir waves,” Soviet Physics, JETP, vol. 35, pp. 908–914, 1972.
- M. V. Goldman, “Langmuir wave solitons and spatial collapse in plasma physics,” Physica D, vol. 18, no. 1–3, pp. 67–76, 1986.
- D. R. Nicolson, Introduction to Plasma Theory, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- N. L. Tsintsadze, D. D. Tskhakaya, and L. Stenflo, “Modulational instabilities due to relativistic electron mass variations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 115–116, 1979.
- K. B. Dysthe, E. Mjølhus, H. L. Pécseli, and L. Stenflo, “Langmuir solitons in magnetized plasmas,” Plasma Physics, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1087–1099, 1978.
- L. H. Li, “Langmuir turbulence equations with the self-generated magnetic field,” Physics of Fluids B, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 350–356, 1993.
- A. N. Kaufman and L. Stenflo, “Upper-hybrid solitons,” Physica Scripta, vol. 11, pp. 269–270, 1975.
- R. T. Faria Jr. and P. K. Shukla, “Generalized Kaufman-Stenflo equations for collisional magnetoplasmas,” Physica Scripta, vol. T82, pp. 7–9, 1999.
- B. Malomed, D. Anderson, M. Lisak, M. L. Quiroga-Teixeiro, and L. Stenflo, “Dynamics of solitary waves in the Zakharov model equations,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 962–968, 1997.
- M. Wang and X. Li, “Extended -expansion method and periodic wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 343, no. 1–3, pp. 48–54, 2005.
- M. Javidi and A. Golbabai, “Construction of a solitary wave solution for the generalized Zakharov equation by a variational iteration method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1003–1009, 2007.
- O. P. Layeni, “A new rational auxiliary equation method and exact solutions of a generalized Zakharov system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 8, pp. 2901–2907, 2009.
- J. Zhang, “Variational approach to solitary wave solution of the generalized Zakharov equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1043–1046, 2007.
- M. Javidi and A. Golbabai, “Exact and numerical solitary wave solutions of generalized Zakharov equation by the variational iteration method,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 309–313, 2008.
- Y.-z. Li, K.-m. Li, and C. Lin, “Exp-function method for solving the generalized-Zakharov equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 197–201, 2008.
- A. Borhanifar, M. M. Kabir, and L. M. Vahdat, “New periodic and soliton wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov system and -dimensional Nizhnik-Novikov-Veselov system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 1646–1654, 2009.
- Y. Khan, N. Faraz, and A. Yildirim, “New soliton solutions of the generalized Zakharov equations using He's variational approach,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 965–968, 2011.
- M. Song and Z. R. Liu, “Traveling wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 747295, 14 pages, 2012.
- J. Li and Z. Liu, “Smooth and non-smooth traveling waves in a nonlinearly dispersive equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 41–56, 2000.
- J. Li and Y. Zhang, “Exact travelling wave solutions in a nonlinear elastic rod equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 202, no. 2, pp. 504–510, 2008.
- M. Song, X. Hou, and J. Cao, “Solitary wave solutions and kink wave solutions for a generalized KDV-mKDV equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 12, pp. 5942–5948, 2011.
- M. Song, J. Cao, and X. Guan, “Application of the bifurcation method to the Whitham-Broer-Kaup-Like equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 688–696, 2012.