- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 347478, 11 pages
The Hyers-Ulam-Rassias Stability of -Derivations on Normed Algebras
Faculty of Management, University of Primorska, Cankarjeva 5, 6104 Koper, Slovenia
Received 8 April 2012; Accepted 31 May 2012
Academic Editor: Nicole Brillouet-Belluot
Copyright © 2012 Ajda Fošner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Ulam, A Collection of the Mathematical Problems, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- S. M. Ulam, Problems in Modern Mathematics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- D. H. Hyers, “On the stability of the linear functional equation,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 27, pp. 222–224, 1941.
- T. Aoki, “On the stability of the linear transformation in Banach spaces,” Journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan, vol. 2, pp. 64–66, 1950.
- T. M. Rassias, “On the stability of the linear mapping in Banach spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 297–300, 1978.
- P. Găvruţa, “A generalization of the Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of approximately additive mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 431–436, 1994.
- S. Czerwik, Functional Equations and Inequalities in Several Variables, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2002.
- D. H. Hyers, G. Isac, and T. M. Rassias, Stability of Functional Equations in Several Variables, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- S.-M. Jung, Hyers-Ulam-Rassias Stability of Functional Equations in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 48 of Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- K.-W. Jun and D.-W. Park, “Almost derivations on the Banach algebra ,” Bulletin of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 359–366, 1996.
- M. Amyari, C. Baak, and M. S. Moslehian, “Nearly ternary derivations,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1417–1424, 2007.
- R. Badora, “On approximate derivations,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 167–173, 2006.
- M. E. Gordji and M. S. Moslehian, “A trick for investigation of approximate derivations,” Mathematical Communications, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 99–105, 2010.
- S. Hejazian, H. Mahdavian Rad, and M. Mirzavaziri, “-double derivations on Banach algebras,” Annals of Functional Analysis, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 103–111, 2010.
- M. Mirzavaziri and M. S. Moslehian, “Automatic continuity of -derivations on -algebras,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 134, no. 11, pp. 3319–3327, 2006.
- T. Miura, H. Oka, G. Hirasawa, and S.-E. Takahasi, “Superstability of multipliers and ring derivations on Banach algebras,” Banach Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2007.
- M. S. Moslehian, “Ternary derivations, stability and physical aspects,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 187–199, 2008.
- C.-G. Park, “Linear derivations on Banach algebras,” Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Applications, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 359–368, 2004.
- M. S. Moslehian, “Approximate -contractibility,” Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 805–813, 2006.
- M. Ashraf and Nadeem-ur-Rehman, “On -derivations in prime rings,” Archivum Mathematicum (BRNO), vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 259–264, 2002.
- S. Ali and A. Fošner, “On generalized -derivations and generalized -Jordan derivations in rings,” Algebra Colloquium. In press.
- A. Fošner, “On the generalized Hyers-Ulam stability of module left -derivations,” Aequationes Mathematicae. In press.
- A. Fošner and J. Vukman, “On some functional equation arising from -Jordan derivations and commutativity of prime rings,” Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics. In press.
- J. Vukman, “On -Jordan derivations and commutativity of prime rings,” Demonstratio Mathematica, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 773–778, 2008.
- J. Vukman and I. Kosi-Ulbl, “On some equations related to derivations in rings,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, no. 17, pp. 2703–2710, 2005.
- C.-G. Park, “Homomorphisms between Poisson -algebras,” Bulletin of the Brazilian Mathematical Society, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 79–97, 2005.
- W. Rudin, Fourier Analysis on Groups, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1962.