- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 354701, 7 pages
Fractal Derivative Model for Air Permeability in Hierarchic Porous Media
1Key Laboratory of Advanced Textile Composites, Ministry of Education of China, 399 West Binshui Road, Tianjin 300387, China
2National Engineering Laboratory for Modern Silk, College of Textile and Engineering, Soochow University, 199 Ren-ai Road, Suzhou 215123, China
3Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Textile Research and Development, 138 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310001, China
4School of Textiles, Tianjin Polytechnic University, 399 West Binshui Road, Tianjin 300387, China
Received 7 August 2012; Revised 16 November 2012; Accepted 17 November 2012
Academic Editor: Chuandong Li
Copyright © 2012 Jie Fan and Jihuan He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Fan, Z. Luo, and Y. Li, “Heat and moisture transfer with sorption and condensation in porous clothing assemblies and numerical simulation,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 43, no. 16, pp. 2989–3000, 2000.
- J. Fan and X. Wen, “Modeling heat and moisture transfer through fibrous insulation with phase change and mobile condensates,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 19, pp. 4045–4055, 2002.
- X. Qian and J. Fan, “A quasi-physical model for predicting the thermal insulation and moisture vapour resistance of clothing,” Applied Ergonomics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 577–590, 2009.
- B. Blossman-Myer and W. W. Burggren, “The silk cocoon of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: macro structure and its influence on transmural diffusion of oxygen and water vapor,” Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 259–263, 2010.
- S. Weisman, H. E. Trueman, S. T. Mudie, J. S. Church, T. D. Sutherland, and V. S. Haritos, “An unlikely silk: the composite material of green lacewing cocoons,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 3065–3069, 2008.
- L. Z. Zhang, “A fractal model for gas permeation through porous membranes,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 21-22, pp. 5288–5295, 2008.
- Q. Zheng, B. Yu, S. Wang, et al., “A diffusivity model for gas diffusion through fractal porous media,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 68, pp. 650–655, 2012.
- T. E. Rufford, S. Smart, G. C. Y. Watson, et al., “The removal of CO2 and N2 from natural gas: a review of conventional and emerging process technologies,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 94-95, no. 9, pp. 123–154, 2012.
- M. Gassner, R. Baciocchi, F. Maréchal, and M. Mazzotti, “Integrated design of a gas separation system for the upgrade of crude SNG with membranes,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1391–1404, 2009.
- M. Giona, A. Adrover, W. A. Schwalm, and M. K. Schwalm, “Exact solution of linear transport equations in fractal media- III. Adsorption and chemical reaction,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 51, no. 22, pp. 5065–5076, 1996.
- Y. Shi, H. Wu, S. Quan, J. Xiao, and M. Pan, “Fractal model for predicting the effective binary oxygen diffusivity of the gas diffusion layer in proton exchange membrane fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 195, no. 15, pp. 4865–4870, 2010.
- R. Wu, Q. Liao, X. Zhu, and H. Wang, “A fractal model for determining oxygen effective diffusivity of gas diffusion layer under the dry and wet conditions,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54, no. 19-20, pp. 4341–4348, 2011.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- W. Chen, H. Sun, X. Zhang, and D. Korošak, “Anomalous diffusion modeling by fractal and fractional derivatives,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1754–1758, 2010.
- D. Shou, J. Fan, and F. Ding, “A difference-fractal model for the permeability of fibrous porous media,” Physics Letters A, vol. 374, no. 10, pp. 1201–1204, 2010.
- M. D. Qassim, K. M. Furati, and N.-E. Tatar, “On a differential equation involving Hilfer-Hadamard fractional derivative,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 391062, 17 pages, 2012.
- A. Ashyralyev, “A note on fractional derivatives and fractional powers of operators,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 232–236, 2009.
- Q. Wang, J. He, and Z. Li, “Fractional model for heat conduction in polar bear hairs,” Thermal Science, vol. 15, pp. 1–5, 2011.
- W. Chen, “Time-space fabric underlying anomalous diffusion,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 923–929, 2006.
- J. H. He, “A new fractal derivation,” Thermal Science, vol. 15, supplement 1, pp. S145–S147, 2011.