- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 363051, 17 pages
Hopf Bifurcation Analysis on General Gause-Type Predator-Prey Models with Delay
1Department of Mathematics, Harbin Institute of Technology,
Harbin 150001, China
2School of Mathematical Sciences, Daqing Normal University, Daqing 163712, China
Received 27 November 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Shuang Guo and Weihua Jiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Andrews, “A mathematical model for the continuous culture of microorganisms utilizing inhibitory substrates,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 707–723, 1968.
- M. S. Bartlett, “On theoretical models for competitive and predatory biological systems,” Biometrika, vol. 44, pp. 27–42, 1957.
- F. Brauer and A. C. Soudack, “Stability regions and transition phenomena for harvested predator-prey systems,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 319–337, 1979.
- H. I. Freedman, Deterministic Mathematical Models in Population Ecology, HIFR Consulting, Edmonton, Canada, 1987.
- K. S. Cheng, S. B. Hsu, and S. S. Lin, “Some results on global stability of a predator-prey system,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 115–126, 1981.
- A. Klebanoff and A. Hastings, “Chaos in three-species food chains,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 427–451, 1994.
- S. B. Hsu and T. W. Huang, “Global stability for a class of predator-prey systems,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 763–783, 1995.
- M. C. Varriale and A. A. Gomes, “A study of a three species food chain,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 119–133, 1998.
- S. W. Zhang and L. S. Chen, “Chaos in three species food chain system with impulsive perturbations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 73–83, 2005.
- K. McCann and P. Yodzis, “Bifurcation structure of a 3-species food chain model,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 93–125, 1995.
- S. B. Hsu and T. W. Hwang, “Hopf bifurcation analysis for a predator-prey system of Holling and Leslie type,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 35–53, 1999.
- H. I. Freedman and P. Waltman, “Mathematical analysis of some three-species food-chain models,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 33, no. 3-4, pp. 257–276, 1977.
- J. M. Ginoux, B. Rossetto, and J. L. Jamet, “Chaos in a three-dimensional Volterra-Gause model of predator-prey type,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1689–1708, 2005.
- A. Hastings and T. Powell, “Chaos in three-species food chain,” Ecology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 896–903, 1991.
- W. Jiang and J. Wei, “Bifurcation analysis in a limit cycle oscillator with delayed feedback,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 817–831, 2005.
- H. B. Wang and W. H. Jiang, “Hopf-pitchfork bifurcation in van der Pol's oscillator with nonlinear delayed feedback,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 368, no. 1, pp. 9–18, 2010.
- J. J. Wei and W. H. Jiang, “Bifurcation analysis in van der Pol's oscillator with delayed feedback,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 213, no. 2, pp. 604–615, 2008.
- R. Xu and M. A. J. Chaplain, “Persistence and global stability in a delayed Gause-type predator-prey system without dominating instantaneous negative feedbacks,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 265, no. 1, pp. 148–162, 2002.
- G. Liu, W. Yan, and J. Yan, “Positive periodic solutions for a class of neutral delay Gause-type predator-prey system,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 10, pp. 4438–4447, 2009.
- Y. K. Li and Y. Kuang, “Periodic solutions in periodic delayed Gause-type predator-prey systems,” Preceedings of Dynamical Systems and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 375–382, 2001.
- T. Zhao, Y. Kuang, and H. L. Smith, “Global existence of periodic solutions in a class of delayed Gause-type predator-prey systems,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications. Series A, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1373–1394, 1997.
- X. Ding and J. Jiang, “Positive periodic solutions in delayed Gause-type predator-prey systems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 339, no. 2, pp. 1220–1230, 2008.
- S. Ruan, “Absolute stability, conditional stability and bifurcation in Kolmogorov-type predator-prey systems with discrete delays,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 159–173, 2001.
- S. G. Ruan and J. J. Wei, “On the zeros of a third degree exponential polynomial with applications to a delayed model for the control of testosterone secretion,” Mathematical Medicine and Biology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 41–52, 2001.
- X. Li and J. Wei, “On the zeros of a fourth degree exponential polynomial with applications to a neural network model with delays,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 519–526, 2005.
- B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y. H. Wan, Theory and Applications of Hopf Bifurcation, vol. 41 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridgem, UK, 1981.