- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 376802, 30 pages
Image Restoration Based on the Hybrid Total-Variation-Type Model
1College of Mathematics and Information Science, Henan University, Kaifeng 475004, China
2Division of Mathematical Sciences, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637371
3Department of Information and Computing Science, Changsha University, Changsha 410003, China
Received 18 August 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editor: Changbum Chun
Copyright © 2012 Baoli Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Aubert and P. Kornprobst, Mathematical Problems in Image Processing, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- T. F. Chan and J. Shen, Image Processing and Analysis, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2005.
- N. Paragios, Y. Chen, and O. Faugeras, The Handbook of Mathematical Models in Computer Vision, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- H. W. Engl, M. Hanke, and A. Neubauer, Regularization of Inverse Problems, vol. 375, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- L. Rudin, S. Osher, and E. Fatemi, “Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms,” Physica D, vol. 60, pp. 259–268, 1992.
- L. Rudin and S. Osher, “Total variation based image restoration with free local constraints,” IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 1, no. 13–16, pp. 31–35, 1994.
- T. F. Chan and J. Shen, “Variational image inpainting,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 579–619, 2005.
- R. Wagner, S. Smith, J. Sandrik, and H. Lopez, “Statistics of speckle in ultrasound B-scans,” Transactions on Sonics Ultrasonics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 156–163, 1983.
- G. Aubert and J.-F. Aujol, “A variational approach to removing multiplicative noise,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 925–946, 2008.
- A. Montillo, J. Udupa, L. Axel, and D. Metaxas, “Interaction between noise suppression and inhomogeneity correction in MRI,” in Medical Imaging, Image Processing, vol. 5032 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1025–1036, 2003.
- Y.-M. Huang, M. K. Ng, and Y.-W. Wen, “A new total variation method for multiplicative noise removal,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 20–40, 2009.
- T. Chan, A. Marquina, and P. Mulet, “High-order total variation-based image restoration,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 503–516, 2000.
- M. Lysaker, A. Lundervold, and X. Tai, “Noise removal using fourth-order partial differential equation with applications to medical magnetic resonance images in space and time,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1579–1590, 2003.
- O. Scherzer, “Denoising with higher order derivatives of bounded variation and an application to parameter estimation,” Computing. Archives for Scientific Computing, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 1–27, 1998.
- Y.-L. You and M. Kaveh, “Fourth-order partial differential equations for noise removal,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1723–1730, 2000.
- F. Li, C. Shen, J. Fan, and C. Shen, “Image restoration combining a total variational filter and a fourth-order filter,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 322–330, 2007.
- A. Chambolle, “An algorithm for total variation minimization and applications,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 89–97, 2004.
- A. Chambolle, “Total variation minimization and a class of binary MRF models,” in Workshop on Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (EMMCVPR '05), pp. 136–152, 2005.
- A. Chambolle and T. Pock, “A first-order primal-dual algorithm for convex problems with applications to imaging,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 120–145, 2011.
- E. Esser, X. Zhang, and T. F. Chan, “A general framework for a class of first order primal-dual algorithms for convex optimization in imaging science,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1015–1046, 2010.
- M. Zhu, S. J. Wright, and T. F. Chan, “Duality-based algorithms for total-variation-regularized image restoration,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 377–400, 2010.
- D. Goldfarb and W. Yin, “Second-order cone programming methods for total variation-based image restoration,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 622–645, 2005.
- K. Chen and X.-C. Tai, “A nonlinear multigrid method for total variation minimization from image restoration,” Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 115–138, 2007.
- J.-F. Cai, S. Osher, and Z. Shen, “Split Bregman methods and frame based image restoration,” Multiscale Modeling & Simulation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 337–369, 2009.
- T. Goldstein and S. Osher, “The split Bregman method for -regularized problems,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 323–343, 2009.
- C. A. Micchelli, L. X. Shen, and Y. S. Xu, “Proximity algorithms for image models: denoising,” Inverse Problems, vol. 27, no. 4, 2011.
- M. Burger, K. Frick, S. Osher, and O. Scherzer, “Inverse total variation flow,” Multiscale Modeling & Simulation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 366–395, 2007.
- M. Afonso and J. Bioucas-Dias, Image Restoration with Compound Regularization Using a Bregman Iterative Algorithm. Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations, 2009.
- X. C. Tai and C. Wu. Augmented, “Lagrangian method, dual methods and split Bregman iteration for ROF model,” in Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVMCV '09), vol. 5567, pp. 502–513, 2009.
- C. Chen, B. He, and X. Yuan, “Matrix completion via an alternating direction method,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 227–245, 2012.
- J. Yang and Y. Zhang, “Alternating direction algorithms for -problems in compressive sensing,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. C250–C278, 2011.
- R. H. Chan, J. Yang, and X. Yuan, “Alternating direction method for image inpainting in wavelet domains,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. C807–C826, 2011.
- J. Yang and X. Yuan, “Linearized augmented Lagrangian and alternating direction methods for nuclear norm minimization,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 82, pp. 301–329, 2013.
- R. Glowinski and P. Le Tallec, Augmented Lagrangian and Operator-Splitting Methods in Nonlinear Mechanics, vol. 9, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), 1989.
- R. T. Rockafellar, Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1970.
- L. Ambrosio, N. Fusco, and D. Pallara, Functions of Bounded Variation and Free Discontinuity Problems, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- H. Attouch, G. Buttazzo, and G. Michaille, Variational Analysis in Sobolev and BV Spaces: Applications to PDEs and Optimization, vol. 6, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2006.
- J. Aubin and H. Frankowska, Set-Valued Analysis, Springer, 1990.
- A. Bermúdez and C. Moreno, “Duality methods for solving variational inequalities,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 43–58, 1981.
- C. L. Byrne, Applied Iterative Methods, A K Peters, 2008.
- L. C. Evans and R. F. Gariepy, Measure Theory and Fine Properties of Functions, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1992.
- I. Ekeland and R. Teman, Convex Analysis and Variational Problems. North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1976.
- Y. Meyer, Oscillating Patterns in Image Processing and Nonlinear Evolution Equations, University Lecture Series, American Mathematical Society, 2001.
- Y. Wang, J. Yang, W. Yin, and Y. Zhang, “A new alternating minimization algorithm for total variation image reconstruction,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 248–272, 2008.
- A. Marquina and S. J. Osher, “Image super-resolution by TV-regularization and Bregman iteration,” Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 367–382, 2008.
- S. Setzer, “Split Bregman algorithm, Douglas-Rachford splitting and frame shrinkage,” in Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVMCV '09), vol. 5567, pp. 464–476, 2009.
- D. Gabay and B. Mercier, “A dual algorithm for the solution of nonlinear variational problems via finite-element approximations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 17–40, 1976.
- D. Bertsekas, Constrained Optimization and Lagrange Multiplier Methods, Athena Scientific, 1996.
- E. Esser, “Applications of the Lagrangian-based alternating direction methods and connections to split Bregman,” UCLA Report 2009-31.
- P. L. Combettes and V. R. Wajs, “Signal recovery by proximal forward-backward splitting,” Multiscale Modeling & Simulation, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1168–1200, 2005.
- A. Beck and M. Teboulle, “A fast iterative shrinkage-thresholding algorithm for linear inverse problems,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 183–202, 2009.
- Y. Nesterov, “A method for unconstrained convex minimization problem with the rate of convergence ,” Soviet Mathematics Doklady, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 372–376, 1983.
- A. Pazy, “On the asymptotic behavior of iterates of nonexpansive mappings in Hilbert space,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 197–204, 1977.