- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 381708, 19 pages
An Adaptive Pseudospectral Method for Fractional Order Boundary Value Problems
1School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Khorasgan Branch, Isfahan, Iran
3Department of Mathematics, Imam Khomeini International University, Ghazvin 34149-16818, Iran
Received 3 June 2012; Revised 17 August 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Dumitru Bǎleanu
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad Maleki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. Das, Functional Fractional Calculus for System Identification and Controls, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- K. Moaddy, I. Hashim, and S. Momani, “Non-standard finite difference schemes for solving fractional-order Rössler chaotic and hyperchaotic systems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1068–1074, 2011.
- A. Pedas and E. Tamme, “Piecewise polynomial collocation for linear boundary value problems of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 236, no. 13, pp. 3349–3359, 2012.
- Q. M. Al-Mdallal, M. I. Syam, and M. N. Anwar, “A collocation-shooting method for solving fractional boundary value problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 3814–3822, 2010.
- N. J. Ford and J. A. Connolly, “Systems-based decomposition schemes for the approximate solution of multi-term fractional differential equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 229, no. 2, pp. 382–391, 2009.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Analytical solution of a time-fractional Navier-Stokes equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 488–494, 2006.
- G. Wu and E. W. M. Lee, “Fractional variational iteration method and its application,” Physics Letters A, vol. 374, no. 25, pp. 2506–2509, 2010.
- S. Abbasbandy, “An approximation solution of a nonlinear equation with Riemann-Liouville's fractional derivatives by He's variational iteration method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2007.
- J.-H. He, “A short remark on fractional variational iteration method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 38, pp. 3362–3364, 2011.
- J. H. He, G. C. Wu, and F. Austin, “The variational iteration method which should be followed,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 2010.
- M. Lakestani, M. Dehghan, and S. Irandoust-pakchin, “The construction of operational matrix of fractional derivatives using B-spline functions,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 1149–1162, 2012.
- M. U. Rehman and R. A. Khan, “A numerical method for solving boundary value problems for fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 894–907, 2012.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A new Jacobi operational matrix: an application for solving fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 4931–4943, 2012.
- M. U. Rehman and R. Ali Khan, “The Legendre wavelet method for solving fractional differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 4163–4173, 2011.
- O. Abdulaziz, I. Hashim, and S. Momani, “Application of homotopy-perturbation method to fractional IVPs,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 216, no. 2, pp. 574–584, 2008.
- I. Hashim, O. Abdulaziz, and S. Momani, “Homotopy analysis method for fractional IVPs,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 674–684, 2009.
- A. Al-Rabtah, S. Momani, and M. A. Ramadan, “Solving linear and nonlinear fractional differential equations using spline functions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 426514, 9 pages, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, H. Mohammadi, and S. Rezapour, “Positive solutions of an initial value problem for nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 837437, 7 pages, 2012.
- J.-H. He, S. K. Elagan, and Z. B. Li, “Geometrical explanation of the fractional complex transform and derivative chain rule for fractional calculus,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 257–259, 2012.
- M. Moshrefi-Torbati and J. K. Hammond, “Physical and geometrical interpretation of fractional operators,” Journal of the Franklin Institute B, vol. 335, no. 6, pp. 1077–1086, 1998.
- M. Caputo, “Linear models of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent,” Journal of the Royal Australian Society, vol. 13, Part 2, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods: Fundamentals in Single Domains, Scientific Computation, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- M. Maleki, I. Hashim, and S. Abbasbandy, “Solution of time-varying delay systems using an adaptive collocation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 1434–1448, 2012.
- P. J. Torvik and R. L. Bagley, “On the appearance of the fractional derivative in the behavior of real materials,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 294–298, 1984.
- Y. Çenesiz, Y. Keskin, and A. Kurnaz, “The solution of the Bagley-Torvik equation with the generalized Taylor collocation method,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 347, no. 2, pp. 452–466, 2010.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Numerical comparison of methods for solving linear differential equations of fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1248–1255, 2007.