- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 386253, 15 pages
Implicit-Relation-Type Cyclic Contractive Mappings and Applications to Integral Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Disha Institute of Management and Technology, Satya Vihar, Vidhansabha-Chandrakhuri Marg, Mandir Hasaud, Chhattisgarh, Raipur 492101, India
2Faculty of Mathematics, University of Belgrade, Studentski Trg 16, 11000 Beograd, Serbia
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Bangkok 10140, Thailand
Received 28 July 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editor: Sehie Park
Copyright © 2012 Hemant Kumar Nashine et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Banach, “Sur les operations dans les ensembles abstraits et leur application aux equations integrales,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 3, pp. 133–181, 1922.
- H. K. Nashine, “New fixed point theorems for mappings satisfying a generalized weakly contractive condition with weaker control functions,” Annales Polonici Mathematici, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 109–119, 2012.
- W. A. Kirk, P. S. Srinivasan, and P. Veeramani, “Fixed points for mappings satisfying cyclical contractive conditions,” Fixed Point Theory, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 79–89, 2003.
- M. Păcurar and I. A. Rus, “Fixed point theory for cyclic -contractions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 72, no. 3-4, pp. 1181–1187, 2010.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. A. Alghamdi, and N. Shahzad, “Fixed point theory for cyclic generalized contractions in partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 40, 2012.
- E. Karapınar, “Fixed point theory for cyclic weak ϕ-contraction,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 822–825, 2011.
- E. Karapınar and K. Sadaranagni, “Fixed point theory for cyclic (ϕ-φ)-contractions,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, article 69, 2011.
- M. A. Petric, “Some results concerning cyclical contractive mappings,” General Mathematics, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 213–226, 2010.
- I. A. Rus, “Cyclic representations and fixed points,” Annals of the Tiberiu Popoviciu Seminar of Functional Equations, Approximation and Convexity, vol. 3, pp. 171–178, 2005.
- C. Mongkolkeha and P. Kumam, “Best proximity point theorems for generalized cyclic contractions in ordered metric spaces,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications. In press.
- W. Sintunavarat and P. Kumam, “Common fixed point theorem for hybrid generalized multi-valued contraction mappings,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 52–57, 2012.
- H. Aydi, C. Vetro, W. Sintunavarat, and P. Kumam, “Coincidence and fixed points for contractions and cyclical contractions in partial metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 124, 2012.
- V. Popa, “A fixed point theorem for mapping in d-complete topological spaces,” Mathematica Moravica, vol. 3, pp. 43–48, 1999.
- I. Altun and D. Turkoglu, “Some fixed point theorems for weakly compatible multivalued mappings satisfying an implicit relation,” Filomat, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2008.
- I. Altun and D. Turkoglu, “Some fixed point theorems for weakly compatible mappings satisfying an implicit relation,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1291–1304, 2009.
- V. Popa, “A general coincidence theorem for compatible multivalued mappings satisfying an implicit relation,” Demonstratio Mathematica, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 159–164, 2000.
- V. Popa and M. Mocanu, “Altering distance and common fixed points under implicit relations,” Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 329–337, 2009.
- M. Imdad, S. Kumar, and M. S. Khan, “Remarks on some fixed point theorems satisfying implicit relations,” Radovi Matematički, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 135–143, 2002.
- S. Sharma and B. Deshpande, “On compatible mappings satisfying an implicit relation in common fixed point consideration,” Tamkang Journal of Mathematics, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 2002.
- I. Altun and H. Simsek, “Some fixed point theorems on ordered metric spaces and application,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 621469, 17 pages, 2010.
- J. Matkowski, “Fixed point theorems for mappings with a contractive iterate at a point,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 344–348, 1977.
- C.-M. Chen, “Fixed point theory for the cyclic weaker Meir-Keeler function in complete metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 17, 2012.