- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 406232, 9 pages
Residual Iterative Method for Solving Absolute Value Equations
1Mathematics Department, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park Road, Islamabad, Pakistan
2Mathematics Department, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 13 December 2011
Academic Editor: Khalida Inayat Noor
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad Aslam Noor et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. C. Paige and M. A. Saunders, “Solutions of sparse indefinite systems of linear equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 617–629, 1975.
- Y. Saad and M. H. Schultz, “GMRES: a generalized minimal residual algorithm for solving nonsymmetric linear systems,” Tech. Rep. 254, Yale University, 1983.
- O. Axelsson, “Conjugate gradient type methods for unsymmetric and inconsistent systems of linear equations,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 29, pp. 1–16, 1980.
- K. C. Jea and D. M. Young, “Generalized conjugate-gradient acceleration of nonsymmetrizable iterative methods,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 34, pp. 159–194, 1980.
- Y. Saad, “Krylov subspace methods for solving large unsymmetric linear systems,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 37, no. 155, pp. 105–126, 1981.
- O. L. Mangasarian and R. R. Meyer, “Absolute value equations,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 419, no. 2-3, pp. 359–367, 2006.
- O. L. Mangasarian, “Absolute value programming,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 43–53, 2007.
- O. L. Mangasarian, “Absolute value equation solution via concave minimization,” Optimization Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–8, 2007.
- M. A. Noor, “General variational inequalities,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 119–122, 1988.
- M. A. Aslam Noor, “Some developments in general variational inequalities,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 199–277, 2004.
- M. A. Noor, “Extended general variational inequalities,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 182–186, 2009.
- M. A. Noor, K. I. Noor, and T. M. Rassias, “Some aspects of variational inequalities,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 285–312, 1993.
- M. A. Noor, K. I. Noor, and E. Al-Said, “Iterative methods for solving nonconvex equilibrium problems,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2012.
- M. A. Noor, J. Iqbal, S. Khattri, and E. Al-Said, “A new iterative method for solving absolute value equations,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 1793–1797, 2011.
- M. A. Noor, J. Iqbal, K. I. Noor, and E. Al-Said, “On an iterative method for solving absolute value equations,” Optimization Letters. In press.
- Y.-F. Jing and T.-Z. Huang, “On a new iterative method for solving linear systems and comparison results,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 74–84, 2008.
- O. L. Mangasarian, “A generalized Newton method for absolute value equations,” Optimization Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 101–108, 2009.
- O. L. Mangasarian, “Solution of symmetric linear complementarity problems by iterative methods,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 465–485, 1977.
- O. L. Mangasarian, “The linear complementarity problem as a separable bilinear program,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 153–161, 1995.
- R. T. Rockafellar, “New applications of duality in convex programming,” in Proceedings of the 4th Conference On Probability, Brasov, Romania, 1971.
- J. Rohn, “A theorem of the alternatives for the equation ,” Linear and Multilinear Algebra, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 421–426, 2004.
- Y. Saad, Iterative Methods For Sparse Linear Systems, The PWS, Boston, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1996.
- L. Yong, “Particle Swarm Optimization for absolute value equations,” Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2359–2366, 2010.