- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 426514, 9 pages
Solving Linear and Nonlinear Fractional Differential Equations Using Spline Functions
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Mutah University, P.O. Box 7, Al-Karak, Jordan
2Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Minoufiya University, Shebeen El Koom, Minoufiya, Egypt
Received 29 November 2011; Revised 23 December 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Adel Al-Rabtah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Leszczynski, An Itorduction to Fractional Mechanics, Czestochowa University of Technology, Częstochowa, Poland, 2011.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- A. Oustaloup, La Derivation Non Entiere, Hermes, Paris, France, 1995.
- J. A. T. Machado, “Analysis and design of fractional-order digital control systems,” Systems Analysis Modelling Simulation, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 107–122, 1997.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- K. Deithelm, N. J. Ford, et al., “Analysis of fractional differential equation,” Numerical Analysis Report 377, The University of Manchester, 2003.
- R. W. Ibrahim and S. Momani, “On the existence and uniqueness of solutions of a class of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 334, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2007.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press Inc., San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York. NY, USA, 1974.
- S. Momani, “Analytical approximate solution for fractional heat-like and wave-like equations with variable coefficients using the decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 459–472, 2005.
- S. Momani, Z. Odibat, and A. Alawneh, “Variational iteration method for solving the space- and time-fractional KdV equation,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 262–271, 2008.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “The variational iteration method: an efficient scheme for handling fractional partial differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications. An International Journal, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2199–2208, 2009.
- K. Deithelm and A. D. Freed, “The FracPECE subroutine for the numerical solution of differential equations of fractions order,” in Forschung und Wiessenschaftliches Rechnen 1998, S. Heinzel and T. Plesser, Eds., no. 52, pp. 57–71, GWDG-Bericht, Gesellschaftfur Wiessenschaftliches Datenverabeitung, Göttingen, Germany, 1999.
- K. Deithelm and A. D. Freed, “On the of solution of nonlinear differential equations used in the modeling of viscoplasticity,” in Scientific Computing in chemical Engineering—II. Computational Fluid Dynamics Reaction Engineering, and Molecular Properties, F. Keil, W. Mackens, H. Vob, and J. Werther, Eds., pp. 217–224, Springer, Heidelberg, Gemany, 1999.
- K. Diethelm, “An algorithm for the numerical solution of differential equations of fractional order,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 5, pp. 1–6, 1997.
- N. H. Sweilam, M. M. Khader, and R. F. Al-Bar, “Numerical studies for a multi-order fractional differential equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 371, no. 1-2, pp. 26–33, 2007.
- G. Micula, T. Fawzy, and Z. Ramadan, “A polynomial spline approximation method for solving system of ordinary differential equations,” Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca. Mathematica, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 55–60, 1987.
- M. A. Ramadan, “Spline solutions of first order delay differential equations,” Journal of the Egyptian Mathematical Society, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 7–18, 2005.
- M. A. Ramadan, T. S. El-Danaf, and M. N. Sherif, “Numerical solution of fractional differential eqautions using polynomial spline functions,” submitted.
- Z. Ramadan, “On the numerical solution of a system of third order ordinary differential equations by spline functions,” Annales Universitatis Scientiarum Budapestinensis de Rolando Eötvös Nominatae, vol. 19, pp. 155–167, 2000.
- J. Munkhammar, “Riemann-Liouville fractional derivatives and the Taylor-Riemann series,” U.U.D.M. Project Report 7, Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, 2004.
- S. Momani, O. K. Jaradat, and R. Ibrahim, “Numerical approximations of a dynamic system containing fractional derivatives,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1079–1084, 2008.