- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 450318, 13 pages
Coefficient Conditions for Starlikeness of Nonnegative Order
School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia
Received 9 October 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Graziano Crasta
Copyright © 2012 Rosihan M. Ali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. L. Duren, Univalent Functions, vol. 259, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- A. W. Goodman, Univalent Functions Vol. I & II, Mariner, Tampa, Fla, USA, 1983.
- M. I. S. Robertson, “On the theory of univalent functions,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 374–408, 1936.
- S. Ruscheweyh, “Coefficient conditions for starlike functions,” Glasgow Mathematical Journal, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 141–142, 1987.
- S. R. Mondal and A. Swaminathan, “On the positivity of certain trigonometric sums and their applications,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 3871–3883, 2011.
- A. P. Acharya, Univalence criteria for analytic funtions and applications to hypergeometric functions [Ph.D. thesis], University of Würzburg, 1997.
- S. Koumandos and S. Ruscheweyh, “On a conjecture for trigonometric sums and starlike functions,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 42–58, 2007.
- S. Koumandos and M. Lamprecht, “On a conjecture for trigonometric sums and starlike functions. II,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 162, no. 5, pp. 1068–1084, 2010.
- S. Ruscheweyh and L. Salinas, “Stable functions and Vietoris' theorem,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 291, no. 2, pp. 596–604, 2004.
- L. Vietoris, “Über das Vorzeichengewisser trignometrishcher Summen,” Sitzungsber, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, vol. 167, pp. 125–135, 1958.
- R. Askey and J. Steinig, “Some positive trigonometric sums,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 187, pp. 295–307, 1974.
- S. Koumandos, “An extension of Vietoris's inequalities,” Ramanujan Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–38, 2007.
- N. M. Temme, Special Functions, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- P. Hästö, S. Ponnusamy, and M. Vuorinen, “Starlikeness of the Gaussian hypergeometric functions,” Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations, vol. 55, no. 1–3, pp. 173–184, 2010.
- R. Küstner, “Mapping properties of hypergeometric functions and convolutions of starlike or convex functions of order ,” Computational Methods and Function Theory, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 597–610, 2002.
- R. Küstner, “On the order of starlikeness of the shifted Gauss hypergeometric function,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 334, no. 2, pp. 1363–1385, 2007.
- St. Ruscheweyh and V. Singh, “On the order of starlikeness of hypergeometric functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1986.
- H. Silverman, “Starlike and convexity properties for hypergeometric functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 172, no. 2, pp. 574–581, 1993.
- A. Swaminathan, “Convexity of the incomplete beta functions,” Integral Transforms and Special Functions, vol. 18, no. 7-8, pp. 521–528, 2007.