- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 457019, 11 pages
Devaney Chaos and Distributional Chaos in the Solution of Certain Partial Differential Equations
Institut Universitari de Matemàtica Pura i Aplicada, Universitat Politècnica de València, Edifici 8E,
46022 València, Spain
Received 3 June 2012; Revised 13 September 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Elena Litsyn
Copyright © 2012 Xavier Barrachina and J. Alberto Conejero. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K.-G. Grosse-Erdmann and A. Peris Manguillot, Linear Chaos, Springer, London, UK, 2011.
- F. Bayart and É. Matheron, Dynamics of Linear Operators, vol. 179, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- X. Wu and P. Zhu, “On the equivalence of four chaotic operators,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 545–549, 2012.
- T. Bermúdez, A. Bonilla, F. Martínez-Giménez, and A. Peris, “Li-Yorke and distributionally chaotic operators,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 373, no. 1, pp. 83–93, 2011.
- N. C. Bernardes Jr., A. Bonilla, V. Müller, and A. Peris, “Distributional chaos for linear operators,” Preprint.
- F. Martínez-Giménez, P. Oprocha, and A. Peris, “Distributional chaos for backward shifts,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 351, no. 2, pp. 607–615, 2009.
- X. Barrachina and A. Peris, “Distributionally chaotic translation semigroups,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 751–761, 2012.
- A. A. Albanese, X. Barrachina, E. M. Mangino, and A. Peris, “Distributional chaos for strongly continuous semigroups of operators,” Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis. In press.
- J. Bès and A. Peris, “Hereditarily hypercyclic operators,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 167, no. 1, pp. 94–112, 1999.
- J. A. Conejero and A. Peris, “Linear transitivity criteria,” Topology and its Applications, vol. 153, no. 5-6, pp. 767–773, 2005.
- J. A. Conejero and A. Peris, “Hypercyclic translation -semigroups on complex sectors,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1195–1208, 2009.
- W. Desch, W. Schappacher, and G. F. Webb, “Hypercyclic and chaotic semigroups of linear operators,” Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 793–819, 1997.
- J. Banasiak and M. Moszyński, “A generalization of Desch-Schappacher-Webb criteria for chaos,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 959–972, 2005.
- F. Takeo, “Chaotic or hypercyclic semigroups on a function space or ,” SUT Journal of Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 43–61, 2005.
- A. Lasota and M. C. Mackey, Chaos, Fractals, and Noise, vol. 97, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- R. deLaubenfels and H. Emamirad, “Chaos for functions of discrete and continuous weighted shift operators,” Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1411–1427, 2001.
- M. Matsui, M. Yamada, and F. Takeo, “Supercyclic and chaotic translation semigroups,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 3535–3546, 2003.
- Z. Brze\'zniak and A. L. Dawidowicz, “On periodic solutions to the von Foerster-Lasota equation,” Semigroup Forum, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 118–137, 2009.
- J. Banasiak and M. Moszyński, “Dynamics of birth-and-death processes with proliferation—stability and chaos,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 67–79, 2011.
- J. A. Conejero and E. M. Mangino, “Hypercyclic semigroups generated by Ornstein-Uhlenbeck operators,” Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 101–109, 2010.
- T. Kalmes, “On chaotic -semigroups and infinitely regular hypercyclic vectors,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 134, no. 10, pp. 2997–3002, 2006.
- J. Banasiak and M. Lachowicz, “Chaos for a class of linear kinetic models,” Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences IIB, vol. 329, no. 6, pp. 439–444, 2001.
- J. A. Conejero, A. Peris, and M. Trujillo, “Chaotic asymptotic behavior of the hyperbolic heat transfer equation solutions,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 2943–2947, 2010.
- S. El Mourchid, “The imaginary point spectrum and hypercyclicity,” Semigroup Forum, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 313–316, 2006.
- E. M. Mangino and A. Peris, “Frequently hypercyclic semigroups,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 202, no. 3, pp. 227–242, 2011.
- T. Bermúdez, A. Bonilla, J. A. Conejero, and A. Peris, “Hypercyclic, topologically mixing and chaotic semigroups on Banach spaces,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 57–75, 2005.
- F. Martínez-Giménez, P. Oprocha, and P. A, “Peris, Distributional chaos for operators with full scrambled sets,” Mathematische Zeitschrift. In press.