- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 471281, 18 pages
Tracking Control Based on Recurrent Neural Networks for Nonlinear Systems with Multiple Inputs and Unknown Deadzone
1Centro Universitario de Ciencias Exactas e Ingenierías, Universidad de Guadalajara, Bulevar Marcelino García Barragán No. 1421, 44430 Guadalajara, JAL, Mexico
2Sección de Estudios de Posgrado e Investigación, ESIME UA-IPN, Avenida de las Granjas No. 682, Colonia Santa Catarina, 02250 Mexico City, DF, Mexico
Received 31 August 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wenchang Sun
Copyright © 2012 J. Humberto Pérez-Cruz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Narendra and K. Parthasarathy, “Identification and control of dynamical systems using neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 4–27, 1990.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks: A Comprehensive Foundation, IEEE Press, New York, USA, 1994.
- F. L. Lewis, S. Jagannathan, and A. Yesildirek, Neural Network Control of Robot Manipulators and Nonlinear Systems, Taylor & Francis, 1999.
- G. A. Rovithakis and M. A. Christodoulou, Adaptive Control with Recurrent High-Order Neural Networks: Theory and Industrial Applications, Springer, 2000.
- M. Norgaard, O. Ravn, N. K. Poulsen, and L. K. Hansen, Neural Networks for Modelling and Control of Dynamic Systems, Springer, 2000.
- A. S. Poznyak, E. N. Sanchez, and W. Yu, Dynamic Neural Networks for Nonlinear Control: Identification, State Estimation and Trajectory Tracking, World Scientific, 2001.
- J. Sarangapani, Neural Network Control of Nonlinear Discrete-Time Systems, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- J. de Jesús Rubio and W. Yu, “Nonlinear system identification with recurrent neural networks and dead-zone Kalman filter algorithm,” Neurocomputing, vol. 70, no. 13–15, pp. 2460–2466, 2007.
- W. Yu and A. Poznyak, “Indirect adaptive control via parallel dynamic neural networks,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 1999.
- G. A. Rovithakis, “Tracking control of multi-input affine nonlinear dynamical systems with unknown nonlinearities using dynamical neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 179–189, 1999.
- J. Humberto Pérez-Cruz and A. Poznyak, “Control of nuclear research reactors based on a generalized Hopfield neural network,” Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 39–60, 2010.
- J. H. Perez-Cruz, I. Chairez, A. Poznyak, and J. J. de Rubio, “Constrained neural control for the adaptive tracking of power profiles in a triga reactor,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 4575–4788, 2011.
- J. H. Pérez-Cruz, A. Y. Alanis, J. J. Rubio, and J. Pacheco, “System identification using multilayer differential neural networks: a new result,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 529176, 20 pages, 2012.
- B. Magyar, C. Hős, and G. Stépán, “Influence of control valve delay and dead zone on the stability of a simple hydraulic positioning system,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 349489, 15 pages, 2010.
- A. C. Valdiero, C. S. Ritter, C. F. Rios, and M. Rafikov, “Nonlinear mathematical modeling in pneumatic servo position applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 472903, 16 pages, 2011.
- G. Tao and P. V. Kokotović, “Adaptive control of plants with unknown dead-zones,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 1994.
- G. Tao and P. V. Kokotović, Adaptive Control of Systems with Actuator and Sensor Nonlinearities, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- G. Tao and F. L. Lewis, Adaptive Control of Nonsmooth Dynamic Systems, Springer, 2003.
- Y.-J. Sun, “Composite tracking control for generalized practical synchronization of Duffing-Holmes systems with parameter mismatching, unknown external excitation, plant uncertainties, and uncertain deadzone nonlinearities,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 640568, 11 pages, 2012.
- H. Cho and E.-W. Bai, “Convergence results for an adaptive dead zone inverse,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 451–466, 1998.
- X. S. Wang, H. Hong, and C. Y. Su, “Model reference adaptive control of continuous-time systems with an unknown input dead-zone,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 150, no. 3, pp. 261–266, 2003.
- J. Zhou and X. Z. Shen, “Robust adaptive control of nonlinear uncertain plants with unknown dead-zone,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 2007.
- X.-S. Wang, C.-Y. Su, and H. Hong, “Robust adaptive control of a class of nonlinear systems with unknown dead-zone,” Automatica, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 407–413, 2004.
- Z. Wang, Y. Zhang, and H. Fang, “Neural adaptive control for a class of nonlinear systems with unknown deadzone,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 339–345, 2008.
- Y. J. Liu and N. Zhou, “Observer-based adaptive fuzzy-neural control for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems with unknown dead-zone input,” ISA Transactions, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 462–469, 2010.
- J. H. Pérez-Cruz, E. Ruiz-Velázquez, J. J. Rubio, and C. A. Alba-Padilla, “Robust adaptive neurocontrol of SISO nonlinear systems preceded by unknown deadzone,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 342739, 23 pages, 2012.
- R. R. Selmic and F. L. Lewis, “Deadzone compensation in motion control systems using neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 602–613, 2000.
- T. P. Zhang and S. S. Ge, “Robust adaptive neural control of SISO nonlinear systems with unknown nonlinear dead-zone and gain sign,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, pp. 315–320, Munich, Germany, October 2006.
- F. L. Lewis, J. Campos, and R. Selmic, Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Industrial Systems with Actuator Nonlinearities, vol. 24, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.