- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 486193, 10 pages
The Approximate Solution of Fractional Fredholm Integrodifferential Equations by Variational Iteration and Homotopy Perturbation Methods
1L.M.F.N Mathematics Department, University of Setif, Algeria
2Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 2 February 2012; Revised 20 February 2012; Accepted 23 March 2012
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2012 Abdelouahab Kadem and Adem Kilicman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Hilfert, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, Singapore, 2000.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, 1974.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- A. Kadem and D. Baleanu, “Fractional radiative transfer equation within Chebyshev spectral approach,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1865–1873, 2010.
- A. Kadem and D. Baleanu, “Analytical method based on Walsh function combined with orthogonal polynomial for fractional transport equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 491–501, 2010.
- J. H. He, “Variational iteration method for delay differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 235–236, 1997.
- S. J. Liao, “An approximate solution technique not depending on small parameters: a special example,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 371–380, 1995.
- S. J. Liao, “Boundary element method for general nonlinear differential operators,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 91–99, 1997.
- M. J. Ablowitz and P. A. Clarkson, Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, vol. 149, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- G. Adomian, Nonlinear Stochastic Systems Theory and Applications to Physics, vol. 46, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1989.
- Y. Chen and Z. Yan, “Weierstrass semi-rational expansion method and new doubly periodic solutions of the generalized Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 85–91, 2006.
- E. Fan, “Extended tanh-function method and its applications to nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 277, no. 4-5, pp. 212–218, 2000.
- Y. Luchko and R. Gorenflo, “An operational method for solving fractional differential equations with the Caputo derivatives,” Acta Mathematica Vietnamica, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 207–233, 1999.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Numerical approach to differential equations of fractional order,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 96–110, 2007.
- S. Kempfle and H. Beyer, “Global and causal solutions of fractional differential equations,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Transform Methods and Special Functions, pp. 210–216, Science Culture Technology Publishing, Varna, Bulgaria, 1996.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- Yu. F. Luchko and H. M. Srivastava, “The exact solution of certain differential equations of fractional order by using operational calculus,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 73–85, 1995.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- J. H. He, “Variational iteration method—a kind of non-linear analytical technique: some examples,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 699–708, 1999.
- J. H. He., S. K. Elagan, and Z. B. Li, “Geometrical explanation of the fractional complex transform and derivative chain rule for fractional calculus,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 257–259, 2012.
- A. Le Méhauté, A. El Kaabouchi, and L. Nivanen, “Contribution of non integer Integro-differential operators(NIDO) to the geometrical undersanding of Riemann’s conjecture-(I),” in Proceedings of the 2nd IFAC workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, vol. 2, pp. 230–233, 2006.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- A. Kılıçman and Z. A. A. Al Zhour, “Kronecker operational matrices for fractional calculus and some applications,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 187, no. 1, pp. 250–265, 2007.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method: a new nonlinear analytical technique,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2003.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J. H. He, “A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- J. H. He, “Some asymptotic methods for strongly nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1141–1199, 2006.
- J. H. He, Non-pertubative methods for strongly nonlinear problems, dissertation, GmbH, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- Y. Nawaz, “Variational iteration method and homotopy perturbation method for fourth-order fractional integro-differential equations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2330–2341, 2011.
- J. H. He, “A short remark on fractional variational iteration method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 38, pp. 3362–3364, 2011.
- H. E. Ji-Huan, “A Note on the homotopy perturbation method,” Thermal Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 565–568, 2010.
- A. Yildirim, S. A. Sezer, and Y. Kaplan, “Numerical solutions of fourth-order fractional integro-differential equations,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung A, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1027–1032, 2010.
- S. Yüzbasi, N. Sahin, and A. Yildirim, “A collocation approach for solving high-order linear Fredholm-Volterra integro-differential equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 547–563, 2012.