- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 487870, 15 pages
On the Simplex Algorithm Initializing
1Faculty of Economics, University of Niš, Trg Kralja Aleksandra 11, 18000 Niš, Serbia
2Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Sciences, University of Niš, Višegradska 33, 18000 Niš, Serbia
3LEDIB Programme Component Coordinator, Nisava District, 18000 Niš, Serbia
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 19 July 2012; Accepted 27 July 2012
Academic Editor: Sung G. Kim
Copyright © 2012 Nebojša V. Stojković et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. S. Stanimirović, N. V. Stojković, and V. V. Kovačević-Vujčić, “Stabilization of Mehrotra's primal-dual algorithm and its implementation,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 165, no. 3, pp. 598–609, 2005.
- N. V. Stojković and P. S. Stanimirovic, “Initial point in primal-dual interior point method,” Facta Universitatis, Series Mechanical Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 219–222, 2001.
- N. V. Stojković and P. S. Stanimirović, “Two direct methods in linear programming,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 417–439, 2001.
- H. W. Corley, J. Rosenberger, W. C. Yeh, and T. K. Sung, “The cosine simplex algorithm,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 27, no. 9-10, pp. 1047–1050, 2006.
- P. Q. Pan, “The most-obtuse-angle row pivot rule for achieving dual feasibility: a computational study,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 164–176, 1997.
- W.-C. Yeh and H. W. Corley, “A simple direct cosine simplex algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 178–186, 2009.
- H. Arsham, “A big- free solution algorithm for general linear programs,” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 37–52, 2006.
- H. Jian-Feng, “A note on ‘an improved initial basis for the simplex algorithm’,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 3397–3401, 2007.
- H. V. Junior and M. P. E. Lins, “An improved initial basis for the Simplex algorithm,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1983–1993, 2005.
- N. Khan, S. Inayatullah, M. Imtiaz, and F. H. Khan, “New artificial-free phase 1 simplex method,” International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 97–114, 2009.
- H. Nabli, “An overview on the simplex algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 479–489, 2009.
- J. K. Strayer, Linear Programming and Its Applications, Springer, 1989.
- N. V. Stojković, P. S. Stanimirović, and M. D. Petković, “Modification and implementation of two-phase simplex method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 86, no. 7, pp. 1231–1242, 2009.
- E. D. Nering and A. W. Tucker, Linear Programs and Related Problems, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- R. G. Bland, “New finite pivoting rules for the simplex method,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 103–107, 1977.
- J. P. Ignizio, Linear Programming in Single-Multiple-Objective Systems, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1982.
- R. J. Vanderbei, Linear Programming: Foundations and Extensions, Department of Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2001.
- E. D. Dolan and J. J. Moré, “Benchmarking optimization software with performance profiles,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 201–213, 2002.