- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506716, 15 pages
Existence of Positive Solutions for Third-Order -Point Boundary Value Problems with Sign-Changing Nonlinearity on Time Scales
Department of Mathematics, Ege University, Izmir, 35100 Bornova, Turkey
Received 2 August 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yongfu Su
Copyright © 2012 Fatma Tokmak and Ilkay Yaslan Karaca. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Hilger, “Analysis on measure chains—a unified approach to continuous and discrete calculus,” Results in Mathematics, vol. 18, no. 1-2, pp. 18–56, 1990.
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Dynamic Equations on Time Scales, An Introduction with Applications, Birkhäuser, 2001.
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Advances in Dynamic Equations on Time Scales, Birkhäuser, 2003.
- J. Adem and M. Moshinsky, “Self-adjointness of a certain type of vectorial boundary value problems,” Boletín de la Sociedad Matemática Mexicana, vol. 7, pp. 1–17, 1950.
- V. A. Ilin and E. I. Moiseev, “Nonlocal boundary value problem of the second kind for a Sturm-CLiouville operator,” Difference Equation, vol. 23, pp. 979–987, 1987.
- Z. Bai, W. Ge, and Y. Wang, “Multiplicity results for some second-order four-point boundary-value problems,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 491–500, 2005.
- Y. Zou, Q. Hu, and R. Zhang, “On numerical studies of multi-point boundary value problem and its fold bifurcation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 527–537, 2007.
- R. Avery, J. Henderson, and D. O'Regan, “Four functionals fixed point theorem,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 48, no. 7-8, pp. 1081–1089, 2008.
- Z. Bai and W. Ge, “Existence of three positive solutions for some second-order boundary value problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 48, no. 5-6, pp. 699–707, 2004.
- R. W. Leggett and L. R. Williams, “Multiple positive fixed points of nonlinear operators on ordered Banach spaces,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 673–688, 1979.
- T.-T. Sun, L.-L. Wang, and Y.-H. Fan, “Existence of positive solutions to a nonlocal boundary value problem with -Laplacian on time scales,” Advances in Difference Equations, Article ID 809497, 15 pages, 2010.
- J. Liu and H.-R. Sun, “Multiple positive solutions for -point boundary value problem on time scales,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2011, Article ID 591219, 2011.
- F. Xu and Z. Meng, “The existence of positive solutions for third-order -Laplacian -point boundary value problems with sign changing nonlinearity on time scales,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2009, Article ID 169321, 14 pages, 2009.
- D. Ji, Y. Tian, and W. Ge, “Positive solutions for one-dimensional -Laplacian boundary value problems with sign changing nonlinearity,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 5406–5416, 2009.
- Y. Sang and H. Su, “Positive solutions of nonlinear third-order -point BVP for an increasing homeomorphism and homomorphism with sign-changing nonlinearity,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 225, no. 1, pp. 288–300, 2009.
- Y. Zhu and J. Zhu, “The multiple positive solutions for -Laplacian multipoint BVP with sign changing nonlinearity on time scales,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 344, no. 2, pp. 616–626, 2008.
- Y. Sang, H. Su, and F. Xu, “Positive solutions of nonlinear -point BVP for an increasing homeomorphism and homomorphism with sign changing nonlinearity on time scales,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 216–226, 2009.
- K. Q. Lan, “Multiple positive solutions of semilinear differential equations with singularities,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 690–704, 2001.
- D. J. Guo and V. Lakshmikantham, Nonlinear Problems in Abstract Cones, vol. 5, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1988.