- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 512703, 33 pages
Robust Position Control of PMSM Using Fractional-Order Sliding Mode Controller
1Automation Department, Nanjing Institute of Technology, Nanjing 211167, China
2School of Engineering, University of California, Merced, CA 95343, USA
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 26 August 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Dumitru Bǎleanu
Copyright © 2012 Jiacai Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. K. Shyu, C. K. Lai, Y. W. Tsai, and D. I. Yang, “A newly robust controller design for the position control of permanent-magnet synchronous motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 558–565, 2002.
- F. J. Lin, “Real-time IP position controller design with torque feedforward control for PM synchronous motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 398–407, 1997.
- F. J. Lin and Y. S. Lin, “A robust PM synchronous motor drive with adaptive uncertainty observer,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 989–995, 1999.
- C. K. Lai and K. K. Shyu, “A novel motor drive design for incremental motion system via sliding-mode control method,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 499–507, 2005.
- R. Errouissi and M. Ouhrouche, “Nonlinear predictive controller for a permanent magnet synchronous motor drive,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 394–406, 2010.
- A. M. Harb, “Nonlinear chaos control in a permanent magnet reluctance machine,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1217–1224, 2004.
- S. Zhao and K. K. Tan, “Adaptive feedforward compensation of force ripples in linear motors,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1081–1092, 2005.
- J. Zhou and Y. Wang, “Real-time nonlinear adaptive backstepping speed control for a PM synchronous motor,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1259–1269, 2005.
- T. L. Hsien, Y. Y. Sun, and M. C. Tsai, “ control for a sensor less permanent magnet synchronous drive,” IEE Proceedings—Electric Power Applications, vol. 144, no. 3, pp. 173–181, 1997.
- A. R. Ghafari-Kashani, J. Faiz, and M. J. Yazdanpanah, “Integration of non-linear and sliding mode control techniques for motion control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor,” IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 267–280, 2010.
- T. S. Lee, C. H. Lin, and F. J. Lin, “An adaptive controller design for permanent magnet synchronous motor drives,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 425–439, 2005.
- A. Mezouar, M. K. Fellah, and S. Hadjeri, “Adaptive sliding mode observer for induction motor using two-time-scale approach,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 77, no. 5-6, pp. 604–618, 2007.
- N. Inanc and V. Ozbulur, “Torque ripple minimization of a switched reluctance motor by using continuous sliding mode control technique,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 241–251, 2003.
- C. F. J. Kuo, C. H. Hsu, and C. C. Tsai, “Control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor with a fuzzy sliding-mode controller,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 32, no. 7-8, pp. 757–763, 2007.
- C. Elmas and O. Ustun, “A hybrid controller for the speed control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor drive,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 260–270, 2008.
- F. F. M. El-Sousy, “Robust wavelet-neural-network sliding-mode control system for permanent magnet synchronous motor drive,” IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 113–132, 2011.
- Y. Feng, J. F. Zheng, X. H. Yu, and N. V. Truong, “Hybrid terminal sliding-mode observer design method for a permanent-magnet synchronous motor control system,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3424–3431, 2009.
- S. H. Chang, Y. H. Ting, P. Y. Chen, and S. W. Hung, “Robust current control-based sliding mode control with simple uncertainties estimation in permanent magnet synchronous motor drive systems,” IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 441–450, 2010.
- I. Podlubny, “Fractional-order systems and -controllers,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 208–214, 1999.
- Y. Q. Chen, I. Petras, and D. Y. Xue, “Fractional order control—a tutorial,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '09), pp. 1397–1411, June 2009.
- A. Oustaloup, F. Levron, B. Mathieu, and F. M. Nanot, “Frequency-band complex noninteger differentiator: characterization and synthesis,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 25–39, 2000.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- Y. Q. Chen, H. S. Ahn, and I. Podlubny, “Robust stability check of fractional order linear time invariant systems with interval uncertainties,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2611–2618, 2006.
- M. Ö. Efe, “Fractional fuzzy adaptive sliding-mode control of a 2-DOF direct-drive robot arm,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1561–1570, 2008.
- H. Delavari, A. N. Ranjbar, R. Ghaderi, and S. Momani, “Fractional order control of a coupled tank,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 383–397, 2010.
- H. S. Li, Y. Luo, and Y. Q. Chen, “A fractional order proportional and derivative (FOPD) motion controller: tuning rule and experiments,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 516–520, 2010.
- Y. Li, Y. Q. Chen, and I. Podlubny, “Stability of fractional-order nonlinear dynamic systems: lyapunov direct method and generalized Mittag-Leffler stability,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1810–1821, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, H. Mohammadi, and S. Rezapour, “Positive solutions of an initial value problem for nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 837437, 7 pages, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, World Scientific, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- D. Bleanu, O. G. Mustafa, and R. P. Agarwal, “Asymptotically linear solutions for some linear fractional differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2010, Article ID 865139, 8 pages, 2010.
- F. Jarad, T. Abdeljawad, and D. Baleanu, “On Riesz-Caputo formulation for sequential fractional variational principles,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 890396, 15 pages, 2012.
- M. O. Efe, “A fractional order adaptation law for integer order sliding mode control of a 2DOF robot,” in Proceedings of the International Workshops on New Trends in Science and Technology (NTST 08) and the Workshop Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications (FDA 09), Ankara, Turkey, November 2008.
- S. H. Hosseinnia, R. Ghaderi, N. A. Ranjbar, M. Mahmoudian, and S. Momani, “Sliding mode synchronization of an uncertain fractional order chaotic system,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1637–1643, 2010.
- B. T. Zhang and Y. Pi, “Robust fractional order proportion-plus-differential controller based on fuzzy inference for permanent magnet synchronous motor,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 829–837, 2012.
- Y. Luo, Y. Q. Chen, H. S. Ahn, and Y. Pi, “Fractional order robust control for cogging effect compensation in PMSM position servo systems: stability analysis and experiments,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1022–1036, 2010.
- Y. Q. Chen, “Impulse response invariant discretization of fractional order integrators/differentiators is to compute a discrete-time finite dimensional (z) transfer function to approximate sr with r a real number,” Category: Filter Design and Analysis, MATLAB Central, 2008, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do objectId=21342 objectType=FILE.