- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 531659, 20 pages
Exact Null Controllability of KdV-Burgers Equation with Memory Effect Systems
1CASY, DEIS, University of Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 2, 40136 Bologna, Italy
2Advanced Electronics and Information Research Center, Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Chonbuk National University, Republic of Korea
3Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Seonam University, Republic of Korea
Received 12 August 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yongfu Su
Copyright © 2012 Rajagounder Ravi Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. N. Gurbatov, A. N. Malakhov, and A. I. Saichev, Nonlinear Random Waves and Turbulence in Nondispersive Media: Waves, Rays, Particles, Manchester University Press, Manchester, UK, 1991.
- Y. Hu and W. A. Woyczyński, “An extremal rearrangement property of statistical solutions of Burgers' equation,” The Annals of Applied Probability, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 838–858, 1994.
- S. A. Molchanov, D. Surgailis, and W. A. Woyczyński, “Hyperbolic asymptotics in Burgers' turbulence and extremal processes,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 168, no. 1, pp. 209–226, 1995.
- S. Kida, “Asymptotic properties of Burgers turbulence,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 337–377, 1979.
- J. M. Burgers, The Nonlinear Diffusion Equations, Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1974.
- O. V. Rudenkov and S. I. Soluyan, Theoretical Foundation of Nonlinear Acoustics, New york, NY, USA, 1977.
- L. Kofman, D. Pogosyan, S. F. Shandarin, and A. L. Melott, “Coherent structures in the universe and the adhesion model,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 393, no. 2, pp. 437–449, 1992.
- E. Fernández-Cara, M. González-Burgos, S. Guerrero, and J.-P. Puel, “Null controllability of the heat equation with boundary Fourier conditions: the linear case,” ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 442–465, 2006.
- V. Barbu and M. Iannelli, “Controllability of the heat equation with memory,” Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 13, no. 10–12, pp. 1393–1412, 2000.
- V. Barbu, “Controllability of parabolic and Navier-Stokes equations,” Scientiae Mathematicae Japonicae, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 143–211, 2002.
- E. Fernández-Cara and E. Zuazua, “The cost of approximate controllability for heat equations: the linear case,” Advances in Differential Equations, vol. 5, no. 4–6, pp. 465–514, 2000.
- A. V. Fursikov and O. Yu. Imanuvilov, Controllability of Evolution Equations, vol. 34, Seoul National University Research Institute of Mathematics Global Analysis Research Center, Seoul, Korea, 1996.
- L. Rosier, “Exact boundary controllability for the linear Korteweg-de Vries equation on the half-line,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 331–351, 2000.
- D. L. Russell and B. Y. Zhang, “Exact controllability and stabilizability of the Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 348, no. 9, pp. 3643–3672, 1996.
- R. Sakthivel, “Robust stabilization the Korteweg-de Vries-Burgers equation by boundary control,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 739–744, 2009.
- R. Temam, Navier-Stokes Equations and Nonlinear Functional Analysis, vol. 41, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1983.
- J.-M. Coron, “Global asymptotic stabilization for controllable systems without drift,” Mathematics of Control, Signals, and Systems, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 295–312, 1992.
- R. A. Adams, Sobolev Spaces, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2003.