- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 548292, 11 pages
A Characteristic Difference Scheme for Time-Fractional Heat Equations Based on the Crank-Nicholson Difference Schemes
Department of Mathematics, Fatih University, Buyukcekmece, 34500 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 25 April 2012; Revised 27 August 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Dumitru Bǎleanu
Copyright © 2012 Ibrahim Karatay and Serife R. Bayramoglu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Li, X. Han, and X. Wang, “Numerical modeling of viscoelastic flows using equal low-order finite elements,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 199, no. 9–12, pp. 570–581, 2010.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “Theoretical basis for the application of fractional calculus to viscoelasticity,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 201–210, 1983.
- M. Raberto, E. Scalas, and F. Mainardi, “Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study,” Physica A, vol. 314, no. 1–4, pp. 749–755, 2002.
- E. Scalas, R. Gorenflo, and F. Mainardi, “Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance,” Physica A, vol. 284, no. 1–4, pp. 376–384, 2000.
- D. A. Benson, S. W. Wheatcraft, and M. M. Meerschaert, “Application of a fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Water Resources Research, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1403–1412, 2000.
- L. Galue, S. L. Kalla, and B. N. Al-Saqabi, “Fractional extensions of the temperature field problems in oil strata,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2007.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of Their Solution and Some of Their Applications, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- X. Li, M. Xu, and X. Jiang, “Homotopy perturbation method to time-fractional diffusion equation with a moving boundary condition,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 434–439, 2009.
- J. A. T. Machado, “Discrete-time fractional-order controllers,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 2001.
- O. P. Agrawal, O. Defterli, and D. Baleanu, “Fractional optimal control problems with several state and control variables,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 16, no. 13, pp. 1967–1976, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, O. Defterli, and O. P. Agrawal, “A central difference numerical scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 583–597, 2009.
- Z. M. Odibat and S. Momani, “Application of variational iteration method to nonlinear differential equations of fractional order,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2006.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Numerical methods for nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 28–39, 2008.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Analytical solution of a time-fractional Navier-Stokes equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 488–494, 2006.
- Z. M. Odibat and S. Momani, “Approximate solutions for boundary value problems of time-fractional wave equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 767–774, 2006.
- S. S. Ray and R. K. Bera, “Analytical solution of a fractional diffusion equation by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 329–336, 2006.
- I. Podlubny, The Laplace Transform Method for Linear Differential Equations of Fractional Order, Slovac Academy of Science, Bratislava, Slovakia, 1994.
- B. Baeumer, D. A. Benson, and M. M. Meerschaert, “Advection and dispersion in time and space,” Physica A, vol. 350, no. 2–4, pp. 245–262, 2005.
- Z. Q. Deng, V. P. Singh, and L. Bengtsson, “Numerical solution of fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 422–431, 2004.
- V. E. Lynch, B. A. Carreras, D. del-Castillo-Negrete, K. M. Ferreira-Mejias, and H. R. Hicks, “Numerical methods for the solution of partial differential equations of fractional order,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 406–421, 2003.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for two-sided space-fractional partial differential equations,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 80–90, 2006.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for fractional advection-dispersion flow equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 2004.
- I. Karatay, S. R. Bayramoğlu, and A. Şahin, “Implicit difference approximation for the time fractional heat equation with the nonlocal condition,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 1281–1288, 2011.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- M. M. Meerschaert, H.-P. Scheffler, and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference methods for two-dimensional fractional dispersion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 249–261, 2006.
- C. Tadjeran, M. M. Meerschaert, and H.-P. Scheffler, “A second-order accurate numerical approximation for the fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 205–213, 2006.
- L. Su, W. Wang, and Z. Yang, “Finite difference approximations for the fractional advection-diffusion equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, no. 48, pp. 4405–4408, 2009.
- A. M. Abu-Saman and A. M. Assaf, “Stability and convergence of Crank-Nicholson method for fractional advection dispersion equation,” Advances in Applied Mathematical Analysis, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 117–125, 2007.
- G. Jumarie, “Modified Riemann-Liouville derivative and fractional Taylor series of nondifferentiable functions further results,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 9-10, pp. 1367–1376, 2006.
- S. Zhang, “Monotone iterative method for initial value problem involving Riemann-Liouville fractional derivatives,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 5-6, pp. 2087–2093, 2009.
- R. D. Richtmyer and K. W. Morton, Difference Methods for Initial-Value Problems, Interscience Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 1967.