- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 572172, 11 pages
Positive Solutions for Sturm-Liouville Boundary Value Problems in a Banach Space
1School of Mathematics and Quantitative Economics, Shandong University of Finance and Economics, Jinan 250014, China
2School of Mathematical Sciences, Qufu Normal University, Qufu 273165, China
3Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Received 20 February 2012; Accepted 13 June 2012
Academic Editor: Shaoyong Lai
Copyright © 2012 Hua Su et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Dalmasso, “Positive solutions of singular boundary value problems,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 645–652, 1996.
- R. P. Agarwal and Y. M. Chow, “Iterative methods for a fourth order boundary value problem,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 203–217, 1984.
- Y. S. Choi, “A singular boundary value problem arising from near-ignition analysis of flame structure,” Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 891–895, 1991.
- D. O'Regan, “Solvability of some fourth (and higher) order singular boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 78–116, 1991.
- C. P. Gupta, “Existence and uniqueness results for the bending of an elastic beam equation at resonance,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 208–225, 1988.
- Z. L. Wei, “Positive solutions of singular Dirichlet boundary value problems at nonresonance,” Chinese Annals of Mathematics. Series A, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 543–552, 1999 (Chinese).
- A. R. Aftabizadeh, “Existence and uniqueness theorems for fourth-order boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 415–426, 1986.
- Y. Liu and H. Yu, “Existence and uniqueness of positive solution for singular boundary value problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 133–143, 2005.
- H. Li and Y. Liu, “On sign-changing solutions for a second-order integral boundary value problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 651–656, 2011.
- H. Li and J. Sun, “Positive solutions of sublinear Sturm-Liouville problems with changing sign nonlinearity,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 1808–1815, 2009.
- J. Yang, Z. Wei, and K. Liu, “Existence of symmetric positive solutions for a class of Sturm-Liouville-like boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 424–432, 2009.
- H. Su, Z. Wei, and F. Xu, “The existence of positive solutions for nonlinear singular boundary value system with p-Laplacian,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 826–836, 2006.
- D. J. Guo and V. Lakshmikantham, Nonlinear Problems in Abstract Cones, vol. 5 of Notes and Reports in Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1988.