- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 581453, 10 pages
Approximate Analytical Solutions Using Hyperbolic Functions for the Generalized Blasius Problem
Department of Statistics and Computer Science, Kunsan National University, Kunsan 573-701, Republic of Korea
Received 11 September 2012; Revised 30 October 2012; Accepted 2 November 2012
Academic Editor: Abdel-Maksoud A. Soliman
Copyright © 2012 Beong In Yun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method in applied mathematics,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 501–544, 1988.
- G. Adomian, “Solution of the Thomas-Fermi equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 131–133, 1998.
- J. Biazar, M. G. Porshokuhi, and B. Ghanbari, “Extracting a general iterative method from an Adomian decomposition method and comparing it to the variational iteration method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 622–628, 2010.
- J. H. He, “Approximate analytical solution of Blasius' equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 260–263, 1998.
- J.-H. He, “A review on some new recently developed nonlinear analytical techniques,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51–70, 2000.
- J.-H. He, “A simple perturbation approach to Blasius equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 140, no. 2-3, pp. 217–222, 2003.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving boundary value problems,” Physics Letters A, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 87–88, 2006.
- J. Lin, “A new approximate iteration solution of Blasius equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science & Numerical Simulation, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 91–94, 1999.
- J. Parlange, R. D. Braddock, and G. Sander, “Analytical approximations to the solution of the Blasius equation,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 38, no. 1-2, pp. 119–125, 1981.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The variational iteration method for solving two forms of Blasius equation on a half-infinite domain,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 485–491, 2007.
- F. M. Allan and M. I. Syam, “On the analytic solutions of the nonhomogeneous Blasius problem,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 362–371, 2005.
- B. K. Datta, “Analytic solution for the Blasius equation,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 237–240, 2003.
- S.-J. Liao, “A uniformly valid analytic solution of two-dimensional viscous flow over a semi-infinite flat plate,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 385, pp. 101–128, 1999.
- S.-J. Liao, “An explicit, totally analytic approximate solution for Blasius' viscous flow problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 759–778, 1999.
- R. Cortell, “Numerical solutions of the classical Blasius flat-plate problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 706–710, 2005.
- R. Fazio, “Numerical transformation methods: Blasius problem and its variants,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 4, pp. 1513–1521, 2009.
- L. Howarth, “On the solution of the laminar boundary equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society London A, vol. 164, no. 919, pp. 547–579, 1938.
- J. P. Boyd, “The Blasius function: computations before computers, the value of tricks, undergraduate projects, and open research problems,” SIAM Review, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 791–804, 2008.
- B. I. Yun, “Intuitive approach to the approximate analytical solution for the Blasius problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 10, pp. 3489–3494, 2010.
- S. Finch, “Prandtl-Blasius flow,” 2008, http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~sfinch/csolve/bla.pdf.
- H. Schlichting, Boundary Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 7th edition, 1979.