- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 615816, 17 pages
On Elliptic Equations in Orlicz Spaces Involving Natural Growth Term and Measure Data
Department of Mathematics, King Khalid University, P.O. Box 9004, Abha 162529, Saudi Arabia
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Zhou
Copyright © 2012 Mohammed Kbiri Alaoui. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Boccardo, S. Segura de León, and C. Trombetti, “Bounded and unbounded solutions for a class of quasi-linear elliptic problems with a quadratic gradient term,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 80, no. 9, pp. 919–940, 2001.
- V. Ferone and F. Murat, “Quasilinear problems having quadratic growth in the gradient: an existence result when the source term is small,” in Équations aux Dérivées Partielles et Applications, pp. 497–515, Gauthier-Villars, Paris, Farnce, 1998.
- N. Grenon and C. Trombetti, “Existence results for a class of nonlinear elliptic problems with -growth in the gradient,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 931–942, 2003.
- C. Maderna, C. D. Pagani, and S. Salsa, “Quasilinear elliptic equations with quadratic growth in the gradient,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 54–70, 1992.
- A. Porretta, “Nonlinear equations with natural growth terms and measure data,” in Proceedings of the Fez Conference on Partial Differential Equations, Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 9, pp. 183–202, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, Tex, USA, 2002.
- S. Segura de León, “Existence and uniqueness for data of some elliptic equations with natural growth,” Advances in Differential Equations, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1377–1408, 2003.
- J. L. Kazdan and R. J. Kramer, “Invariant criteria for existence of solutions to second-order quasilinear elliptic equations,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 619–645, 1978.
- H. A. Hamid and M. F. Bidaut-Veron, “On the connection between two quasilinear elliptic problems with source terms of order 0 or 1,” Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 727–788, 2010.
- V. Ferone and B. Messano, “Comparison and existence results for classes of nonlinear elliptic equations with general growth in the gradient,” Advanced Nonlinear Studies, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 31–46, 2007.
- M. Fukushima, K.-i. Sato, and S. Taniguchi, “On the closable parts of pre-Dirichlet forms and the fine supports of underlying measures,” Osaka Journal of Mathematics, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 517–535, 1991.
- J.-P. Gossez, “Some approximation properties in Orlicz-Sobolev spaces,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 1982.
- J.-P. Gossez, “Nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems for equations with rapidly (or slowly) increasing coefficients,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 190, pp. 163–205, 1974.
- M. K. Alaoui, “Parabolic problems with data measure,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2011, article 46, 2011.
- G. Talenti, “Nonlinear elliptic equations, rearrangements of functions and Orlicz spaces,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, vol. 120, pp. 159–184, 1979.
- G. Dal Maso, F. Murat, L. Orsina, and A. Prignet, “Renormalized solutions of elliptic equations with general measure data,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 741–808, 1999.
- A. Cianchi, “Optimal Orlicz-Sobolev embeddings,” Revista Matemática Iberoamericana, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 427–474, 2004.