- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 627813, 12 pages
Long-Time Decay to the Global Solution of the 2D Dissipative Quasigeostrophic Equation
Department of Mathematics, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Received 10 January 2012; Accepted 8 March 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Jamel Benameur and Mongi Blel. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Constantin, A. J. Majda, and E. Tabak, “Formation of strong fronts in the 2-D quasigeostrophic thermal active scalar,” Nonlinearity, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1495–1533, 1994.
- N. Ju, “Dissipative 2D quasi-geostrophic equation: local well-posedness, global regularity and similarity solutions,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 187–206, 2007.
- H. Miura, “Dissipative quasi-geostrophic equation for large initial data in the critical Sobolev space,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 267, no. 1, pp. 141–157, 2006.
- H. Dong and D. Du, “Global well-posedness and a decay estimate for the critical dissipative quasi-geostrophic equation in the whole space,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems-Series A, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1095–1101, 2008.
- C. J. Niche and M. E. Schonbek, “Decay of weak solutions to the 2D dissipative quasi-geostrophic equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 276, no. 1, pp. 93–115, 2007.
- J.-Y. Chemin, “About Navier-Stokes equations,” Publications of Jaques-Louis Lions Laboratoiry, Paris VI University, R96023, 1996.
- J. Wu, “Existence and uniqueness results for the 2-D dissipative quasi-geostrophic equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 3013–3036, 2007.