- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 647235, 14 pages
Upper and Lower Solution Method for Fourth-Order Four-Point Boundary Value Problem on Time Scales
Department of Mathematics, Ege University, Izmir, 35100 Bornova, Turkey
Received 17 August 2011; Revised 20 October 2011; Accepted 3 November 2011
Academic Editor: Khalida Inayat Noor
Copyright © 2012 Ilkay Yaslan Karaca. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Dynamic Equations on Time Scales: An Introduction with Application, Birkhäuser Boston, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001.
- M. Bohner and A. Peterson, Advances in Dynamic Equations on Time Scales, Birkhäuser Boston, Boston, Mass, USA, 2003.
- E. Akin, “Boundary value problems for a differential equation on a measure chain,” Panamerican Mathematical Journal, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 17–30, 2000.
- F. M. Atici and A. Cabada, “Existence and uniqueness results for discrete second-order periodic boundary value problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 45, no. 6-9, pp. 1417–1427, 2003.
- P. W. Eloe and Q. Sheng, “Approximating crossed symmetric solutions of nonlinear dynamic equations via quasilinearization,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 253–272, 2004.
- B. Kaymakçalan, “Monotone iterative method for dynamic systems on time scales,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 213–220, 1993.
- S. Leela and S. Sivasundaram, “Dynamic systems on time scales and superlinear convergence of iterative process,” WSSIAA, vol. 3, pp. 431–436, 1994.
- Y. Pang and Z. Bai, “Upper and lower solution method for a fourth-order four-point boundary value problem on time scales,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 6, pp. 2243–2247, 2009.
- F. M. Atici and G. S. Guseinov, “On Green's functions and positive solutions for boundary value problems on time scales,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 141, no. 1-2, pp. 75–99, 2002.